Amy M. Feldman
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Towson, MD
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2014
Amy M. Feldman is the founder of Feldman Law, LLC, in Towson, Maryland. Bringing a rich background in social work to her family law practice, she provides counsel to clients throughout Maryland in a wide range of family law matters, including separation and divorce, child custody, domestic violence and prenuptial agreements.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts from American University in 1993, Ms. Feldman continued her education at Loyola College of Maryland and received a Master of Science in 1996. She subsequently earned a Master of Social Work from Hunter College of the City University of New York in 1998 and then obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2005. Ms. Feldman is licensed to practice law in the state of Maryland.
Ms. Feldman is the past president of the Baltimore Carroll Chapter of The Women's Bar Association of Maryland and actively participates in a number of professional and community organizations. She serves on the Board of the Baltimore Carroll Chapter of The Women's Bar Association of Maryland and the Baltimore Chapter of the Simon E. Sobeloff Jewish Law Society. She has served as the Chairman of the Baltimore County Bar Association Family Law Committee during the 2017/2018 term, as a council member of the Family and Juvenile Law Section of the Maryland State Bar Association 2017-2019 (2-year term), and been active in the Baltimore and Carroll County Bar Associations. She has been a board member of the Carroll County Youth Service Bureau (CCYSB) for many years and gives freely of her time to help the agency's community-based mental health services for children, adults and families. She has lectured as a faculty member on issues related to divorce, custody, child support, litigation, and ethical considerations at continuing legal education programs presented by the National Business Institute (NBI) and the FJLSC of the Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA).
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2014
About Amy M. Feldman
First Admitted: 2005, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.feldmanlawllc.com/firm
- Board of Directors: Simon E. Sobeloff Society, Baltimore Chapter, 2011 - 2020
- Member at Large: Family Juvenile Law Section Council (FJLSC) of the Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA), (2017-2020)., 2017
- Board of Directors: Baltimore Carroll Chapter of the Women's Bar Association of Maryland, 2008 - 2015 (2014/2015 Chapter President), 2016/2017, 2017/2018, 2018/2019, 2019/2020.
- Chairman: Baltimore County Bar Association Family Law Committee (2017/2018 Term), 2017
- Member: Maryland Bar Association, Baltimore County Bar Association, Carroll County Bar Association, American Bar Association
- Board of Directors: Women's Bar Association of Maryland, 2016/2017, 2017/2018
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer: Carroll County Courthouse Family Law Advice Clinic
- American University, B.A., 1993
- The City University of New York, Hunter College, M.S.W., 1998
- Loyola College of Maryland, M.S., 1996
- Advanced Issues in Custody and Support Seminar: Presented on Modifying and Defending Placement Orders During and After the Divorce, and Miscellaneous Issues in Custody and Support, Speaker, National Business Institute, 2011
- Advanced Issues in Divorce Seminar (National): Presented on Valuation and Division of Complex Assets, Speaker, National Business Institute, 2013
- Advanced Family Law Seminar: Presented on Effiectively Arguing Contempt Issues, Advanced Child and Spousal Support Issues, and Ethics , Speaker, National Business Institute, 2017
- 2018 Evidence in Family Law: Presented on Hearsay Pitfalls & Exceptions, Speaker, Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA), Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA), 2018
- Family Law From Start to Finish: Presented on Calculating Child Support and Alimony, Settlement Negotiation, Trial Strategies and Drafting Final Orders, Enforcing the Judgment and Contempt Proceedings, and Ethical Considerations, Speaker, National Business Institute, 2018
- 2018 Hot Tips in Family Law: What NOT TO DO!: Presented on Discovery and Financial Disclosures, Speaker, Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA), Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA), 2018
Last Updated: 5/15/2022