Amy M. Orsi
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Towson, MarylandLaw Offices of Markey and Orsi
A partner at The Law Offices of Markey & Orsi since 2009, Amy M. Orsi is an accomplished civil trial attorney. Located in Towson, Maryland, she focuses her practice primarily on plaintiff's personal injury and wrongful death litigation, representing clients throughout the state who have suffered economic and noneconomic losses due to the negligence of other parties. The cases that Ms. Orsi has been involved in have arisen out of legal, medical and other professional malpractice, truck and other motor vehicle crashes, and premises liability. She also has experience in landlord-tenant disputes as well as other general civil litigation matters.
Ms. Orsi has received recognition from her fellow professionals for her professionalism and successful track record. She holds a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo, and she has been named to both The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 and The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. Admitted to practice before all Maryland state courts, Ms. Orsi is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit. The current President of the Maryland Association for Justice, Inc., she is also a member of the Bar Association of Baltimore City, the Baltimore County Bar Association and the American Association for Justice.
As an undergraduate, Ms. Orsi attended the University at Buffalo and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1998. She then went on to attend the University of Baltimore School of Law and was awarded her Juris Doctor in 2002. Ms. Orsi is often asked to deliver presentations on personal injury topics to groups of attorneys, and she has moderated and lectured seminars sponsored by the Auto Negligence Section of the Maryland Association for Justice, Inc.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2002, Maryland
Professional Webpage: http://markeyorsilaw.com/amy-m-orsi/3816829
- Maryland Association for Justice, Co-Chair, Mentoring Committee, 2010-2011 and 2014
- Member - Injury Board, 2022
- Maryland Association for Justice, President (2020-2021)
- Bar Association of Baltimore County, 2016 - Present
- Maryland Association for Justice, 2003 – present
- Maryland Association for Justice, Co-Chair, Auto Negligence Section, 2010-2014
- American Association for Justice, 2003 - present
- Maryland Association for Justice, Board of Governors – 2009 – present
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2004
- Maryland Association for Justice, Vice-Chair, Education Programs Committee, 2009-2010
- Baltimore City Bar Association, 2003 – present
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2003
- Maryland Association for Justice, President’s Club, 2006 - present
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2010-2014, Maryland
- One of 25 personal injury and medical malpractice lawyers chosen by the Daily Record Editorial Team with input and perspective from others in the legal community. , Personal Injury & Medical Malpractice Law Power List, Daily Record, 2022
- For extraordinary leadership to other women trial attorneys and commitment to giving back to other women inside and outside the legal profession., Women's Caucus Award, Maryland Association for Justice, 2021
- Top 40 under 40 Trial Lawyers, 2012-2014, Maryland
- “Using Written Discovery in Auto Negligence Cases”, Maryland Association for Justice, November, 2010.
- Ways to find insurance coverage for sexual assault lawsuits. , Co-Author, Sexual Assault Lawsuits: Balancing Between Malpractice and Intentional Conduct, Trial Reporter, Summer 2022, Journal of the Maryland Association for Justice, 2022
- A summary of Third Party Bad Faith and First Party Bad Faith ("Failure to Act in Good Faith") in Maryland., Author, "Current Bad Faith Law in Maryland", Trial Reporter, Summer 2021, Journal of the Maryland Association for Justice, 2021
- Co-Moderator for Maryland Association for Justice’s Auto Negligence Seminars, November, 2011 – 2013.
- B.A., State University of New York, Buffalo in Legal Studies, 1998
- Ellis v. State Farm Mutual Ins. Co., Circuit Court for Baltimore County, Case No. 03-c-18008890. UIM Case, Verdict - $2,051,652.00, 2022
- Bogel v. Jolly Trolley Transportation Service, LLC, et al, In the Superior Court of the State of Delaware, CA No. K18C-09-024. Trolley crash, represented 26 passengers. Judgment - $4,824,723.60., 2020
- Rizas v. Rudolph, Circuit Court for Baltimore County, 03-cv-20-002474. Motor Vehicle Collision, Verdict - $112,500.00, 2023
Office location for Amy M. Orsi
1426 East Joppa Road
Towson, MD 21286
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2016