Top rated DUI-DWI attorney in Towson, MarylandGary S. Bernstein, P.A.
Attorney Gary Bernstein is the founder and owner of the Gary S. Bernstein, P.A., law firm in Towson, Maryland. A top-rated, award-winning trial attorney with more than 45 years of legal experience, Mr. Bernstein devotes his practice primarily to criminal law. He provides exceptional representation and support to clients throughout the greater Baltimore metro region and surrounding areas who face charges for DUI and traffic-related offenses as well as drug crimes and any other type of felony or misdemeanor offense.
Having once served as an Assistant State's Attorney in Baltimore, Mr. Bernstein has a unique insight into the criminal justice system, which enables him to devise the most effective defense strategies possible for the accused. A tenacious and formidable opponent in court, Mr. Bernstein even has "No Plea" on his license plates because he will not simply accept an offer from prosecutors, preferring instead to fight on behalf of his clients in court in order to secure the best possible outcome.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Bernstein has secured numerous acquittals, dismissals and reductions of charges for his defendant clients. He has also written extensively and conducted numerous continuing legal education seminars on a variety of topics related to criminal law, DUI/DWI defense, field sobriety testing and more. In addition, he handles serious personal injury and wrongful death claims across his region, and he has earned a reputation for his aggressive approach toward securing the maximum amount of compensation for his plaintiff clients.
Recognized for his impeccable professionalism and outstanding legal abilities, Mr. Bernstein holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell. He has also received consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America© and other peer sources as being among the top criminal defense and DWI/DUI attorneys in the country. Moreover, he has received “Superb” client ratings on Avvo along with numerous positive testimonials and referrals from those he has served.
A 1972 graduate of the University of Maryland, Mr. Bernstein obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 1975. He has served on the board of directors of the Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys' Association since 1995, and he is actively involved with many other local, state and national legal organizations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasCriminal defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal defense, Criminal defense: white collar
DUI/DWI, Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal
- 70% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 20% Criminal defense
- 10% Criminal defense: white collar
First Admitted: 1975, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.noplea.com/attorney/bernstein-gary-s/
- Member Board of Directors of Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys' Association, Criminal Defense Attorney Member on State of Maryland Committee to Revise Criminal Code, Instructor and Co-Author of Criminal Practice and Procedure in the District Court, Instructor and Co-Author of Handling the DWI Case, Elected by Baltimore County Bar Association Members to Judicial Nominating Commission.
- AV Peer Review Related by Martindale-Hubbell, 1990-2021, AV Peer Review, Martindale Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America from 2008-2022 Super Lawyers 2007-2022. I was selected by the Legislature and Rules Committee Chairman as the criminal defense attorney member to the Commission to Revise the Criminal Laws, and was appointed as it's representative to the Code Revision Committee. , Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America , Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America
- Maryland Super Lawyer Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, 2007-2022, Maryland Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers
- I have been lecturing and teaching defense of DUI and criminal cases since 1981. I have co-authored the Continuing Legal Education Publications used by lawyers and judges in Maryland.
Office location for Gary Bernstein
215 Washington Ave
Towson, MD 21204
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2023