Laurie M. Wasserman
Top rated family law attorney in Towson, MarylandLaw Office of Laurie M. Wasserman LLC
Laurie became a family law attorney to practice in the more personal side of the law. She has dedicated her career to helping clients regain a sense of control in very difficult family situations. Laurie is able to approach emotionally charged matters with compassion, reason, and a focus on getting clients what they need to feel secure. She is strategic and creative in helping clients accomplish their goals. Her tireless advocacy guides her advice, settlement negotiations, and trial strategy.
Laurie is recognized and respected as a leader in the family law community. In 2020, Laurie was accepted as a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), one of the highest distinctions in the practice of family law. Academy Fellows are recognized by lawyers and judges as highly skilled negotiators and litigators, with reputations for excellence in professionalism, competence, and integrity. The AAML has very rigorous admission and testing standards, and approximately 1650 attorneys in the United States are currently members.
Laurie serves as a member of the Section Council of the Maryland State Bar Association's Family & Juvenile Law Section. She has been the Chair of both the Baltimore County Bar Association’s Family Law Committee and the Bar Association of Baltimore City’s Family Law Committee. Laurie is also regularly recognized by her colleagues as a Top Family Law Lawyer in Super Lawyers, including making the list of Top 100 Lawyers in Maryland (2021) and Top 50 Women Lawyers in Maryland(2020 and 2021).
Outside of work, Laurie enjoys spending time with her husband, son, daughter, and puppy Tucker. She loves home decorating shows, reading, taking cycling classes on her Peloton, and volunteering her time through various organizations, including Disability Rights Maryland, where she serves on the Executive Council of the Board of Directors.
The Law Office of Laurie M. Wasserman LLC represents clients throughout the State of Maryland, including Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Carroll County, Harford County, Howard County, and Anne Arundel County.
Practice areasFamily law
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Prenuptial agreements, Same sex family law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2004, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.wassermanlawoffice.com/laurie-wasserman
- In August 2017, Ms. Wasserman was featured in the Daily Record's article, The Battle for Grandparent Visitation Continues
- In October 2016, Laurie was featured in The Daily Record for her article, What to do when Necessary Information is not Provided in Divorce Proceedings
- In December 2016, Ms. Wasserman was featured on the cover of the Daily Record Maryland Family Law Update and in the article on holiday visitation schedules, Lawyers Emphasize Making New Traditions for the Holidays after Separation
- Baltimore County Bar Association, Family Law Committee Chair (2018-2019) Disability Rights Maryland (Board of Directors VP, Fundraising Chair) The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore (Professional Women's Group Past Co-chair) Maryland State Bar Association (Family & Juvenile Section) Bar Association of Baltimore City, Family Law Committee Chair (past) Family Law Settlement Facilitator, Circuit Court for Baltimore City (ongoing)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- State of Maryland, 2004
- University of Maryland College Park, Bachelor of Arts, Honors: Cum Laude
- Super Lawyers (Top-Rated Family Law Attorney in the State of MD) Ten-Year Volunteer Award (Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service, 2016) Leading Women (The Daily Record, 2015) Very Important Professionals (VIP) Successful by 40 (The Daily Record, 2014)
- Rated AV- Preeminent by her peers by Martindale-Hubbell (Highest level of Professional Excellence, 2019)
- Mediation (Parenting and Child Issues) Child's Counsel (Administrative Office of the Courts, Family Administration) Parent Coordination
- Private Households
Office location for Laurie M. Wasserman
502 Washington Ave.
Towson, MD 21204
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2014