Martin E. Wolf
Top Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney in Towson, MD
Since founding Gordon, Wolf & Carney, Chtd. in 2000, Mr. Wolf has litigated almost exclusively class actions and mass torts on behalf of plaintiffs in the areas of consumer law and eminent domain. In his more than 20 years of experience as a trial lawyer, Mr. Wolf has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of cases: inverse condemnation, marine insurance coverage, wrongful repossession of vehicles, estate disputes, electric and gas utility administrative hearings, just to name a few. Most often, however, he has represented consumers and others who feel powerless against big government and big business. He has tried cases to multi-million dollar verdicts, and has settled class actions on behalf of thousands of plaintiffs for many millions of dollars.
Mr. Wolf is a member of the litigation team that was named 2009 Trial Lawyers of the Year by the Maryland Association for Justice. In 2010, the firm was named Consumer Lawyers of the Year by the National Association of Consumer Advocates. Mr. Wolf is a graduate of the University of Maryland School of Law and the Johns Hopkins University. He is a Catholic Deacon of the Archdiocese of Baltimore and volunteers as a high school yuth minister.
About Martin E. Wolf
First Admitted: 1991, Maryland
Professional Webpage: http://www.gwcfirm.com/attorney/martin-e-wolf
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Best Lawyers in AmericaBest Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year 2012, Mass Tort/Class Action (Baltimore) Trial Lawyer of the Year, 2010 - Maryland Association for Justice Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent 5.0 Fellow, Litigation Council of America
Pro bono/Community Service
- Served on the committee drafting: The Sedona Conference Commentary on ESI Evidence & Admissibility, Second Edition.
- In 2012 and 2015, Best Lawyers selected Mr. Wolf as its Lawyer of the Year in Mass Torts/Class Actions-Plaintiffs for Baltimore, an honor given to one lawyer each year based on consistently high peer review ratings., Lawyer of the Year in Mass Torts/Class Actions-Plaintiffs for Baltimore, Best Lawyers
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, Maryland Association for Justice, 2009
- Gordon, Wolf & Carney, Chtd. was named 2010 Consumer Lawyers of the Year by the National Association of Consumer Advocates. The award was presented at NACA's annual meeting on November 12, 2010 in Boston., Consumer Lawyers of the Year, National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA), 2010
- Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Fellow, Maryland Bar Foundation
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association; Member - American Association for Justice; Member - Maryland Association for Justice; Supporting Member - Public Justice Foundation; Chairman - Archbishop Curley High School Board
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., with honors, Myerowitz Moot Court Award, 1991
- B.A. - The Johns Hopkins University, 1980
- I presented a paper on this topic at the American Law Instutue's annual meeting on Eminent Domain and Land Use Litigation., Author/Lecturer, Class Actions in Inverse Condemnation: Evaluating, Preparing, and the Courtroom, The American Law Institute, Eminent Domain Lawyers, 2016
Last Updated: 5/15/2022