Richard L. Jaklitsch
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Upper Marlboro, MarylandThe Jaklitsch Law Group
Rick Jaklitsch, a nationally acclaimed personal injury trial attorney with 40 years of trial experience, is the American Institute of Trial Lawyers' 2022 'Litigator of the Year", American Lawyer Magazine's "Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney", and National Law Journal's "Top Personal Injury Attorney". Rick cares deeply about his clients and his community, and he works hard to serve them both.
When people’s lives have been upended by personal injury, Rick puts their world back together again. He has handled thousands of personal injury cases, and no case is too big or too small. From winning multi-million dollar damage awards to ensuring his clients get every penny of insurance benefits, Rick will fight for what is right for his clients.
Rick’s 4 lawyer firm is like a family. Many of Rick’s staff members have worked with him for more than 20 years., and his youngest son David is now winning cases for clients of the firm. “I’m so lucky—I have the greatest staff. Every single person in our office is 100% committed to excellence,” explains Rick. “Everyone does whatever it takes to make sure the client is thrilled with our service and results.” This family dynamic and extraordinary staff loyalty are key to the firm’s success.
The Jaklitsch Law Group is a family practice in more ways than one. The majority of Rick’s clients are referred to him by people he’s previously represented, and he is trusted by generations of families. “We know we are doing right by our clients when they send their loved ones to us,” says Rick.
Rick has won numerous legal awards and his firm was chosen by Global Business Insight as “Best Personal Injury Trial Law Firm – USA.” Rick is both humbled and proud that his firm has achieved this highest national recognition. But he is even more proud of the impact he and his firm have made by bettering the lives of his clients.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1983, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://jaklitschlawgroup.com/staff/rick-jaklitsch/
- Maryland, 1983
- Maryland State Bar Assoc.; Maryland Association for Justice; Prince George's Co. Bar Assoc.; Anne Arundel Co. Bar Assoc., 2023
- Maryland Bar Foundation, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington, 1987
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of Columbia, 1986
- President- University of Maryland Terrapin Club. Responsible for raising scholarship money for over 700 athletes in 27 sports., 2009
- Appointed by Gov. Robert Ehrlich to the Anne Arundel Co. Judicial Nominating Commission--interviewed and recommended judicial candidates for appointment to Maryland's Circuit and District courts.
- Maryland State Bar Association Judicial Selections Committee. Interview and recommend Judicial candidates who applied for Maryland Circuit and District Courts.
- University of Maryland Terrapin Club Board of Directors.
- The Daily Record selected Rick Jaklitsch, Founder of and Partner with The Jaklitsch Law Group to receive the 2015 Leadership in Law award. Twenty-seven members of the legal community throughout Maryland were recognized for their outstanding work. Nominations were received from The Daily Record’s readers in addition to area law firms, bar associations, chambers of commerce and the business and legal communities at large. Nominees were asked to complete an application that outlined their career accomplishments, community involvement and mentoring activities that would distinguish them as outstanding leaders in the law. An external panel of judges and a representative of The Daily Record reviewed the nominations and made the selections.The Daily Record launched the Leadership in Law awards in 2001 as a way to recognize the outstanding work being done by members of the legal community throughout Maryland., Leadership in the Law, The Daily Record, 2015
- , Maryland Attorney of the Year, Top 100 registry, 2018
- , "Top Personal Injury Attorney", National Law Journal, 2022
- , Litigator of the Year, American Institute of Trial Lawyers, 2022
- , "Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney", American Lawyer Magazine, 2022
- $1,750,000 settlement, 2023
- $1,750,000 verdict, 2013
- $1,500,000 verdict, 2019
- $5,000,000 settlement, 2017
- verdict- $1,459,000, 2018
- Trial Lawyers' Summit, 2023
Office location for Richard L. Jaklitsch
14350 Old Marlboro Pike
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2024
See legal Q & A provided by Richard L. Jaklitsch
Q: What is the value of my car crash case in Maryland?A: A lawyer will help set your expectations of the value of any injury. You are entitled to an award of economic damages – medical bills, lost wages, …
Q: How Long After A Car Accident Can I Sue In Maryland?A: There is a three-year statute of limitations in Maryland – what this means is a lawsuit must be filed within three years of the date of the … See all answers by Richard Jaklitsch