Robert J. Farley
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Upper Marlboro, MD
Bob Farley is a fearless advocate for people injured due to the negligence of others.
He is a seasoned and aggressive trial lawyer whose experience of representing clients on both sides of injury cases gives him a unique perspective (and some might say an unfair advantage). Simply put, he has the defense playbook. His experience continues to be a tremendous asset to his personal injury and medical malpractice clients.
A Maryland and DC SuperLawyer, Bob has been recognized in the top one percent of all attorneys in Maryland. In addition, he has been named by the National Trial Lawyers’ Association as a Top 100 Civil Plaintiffs Trial Lawyer – Maryland in 2019 He has also received the Avvo.com Client’s Choice Award.
Bob began his career in 1986 after serving a clerkship to the Honorable James F. Couch, Jr., of the Court of Appeals of Maryland. He then began his private practice as a medical malpractice and personal injury defense attorney. For more than three decades, Bob has handled many hundreds of personal injury and medical malpractice cases, and has tried over 125 jury trials to verdict as lead counsel in Maryland, District of Columbia and Virginia and all state and federal courts in those jurisdictions.
Raised in Maryland, Bob is a graduate of Loyola University of Maryland and the University of Baltimore School of Law. In his free time, Bob enjoys spending time with his kids, golfing, riding his Harley and “Rocking the Red” (Go Caps!).
- 60%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Alternative Dispute Resolution
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Informed Consent, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Arbitration, Mediation
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
About Robert J. Farley
First Admitted: 1985, Maryland
Professional Webpage: http://jaklitschlawgroup.com/staff/robert-j-farley/
- Loyola University of Maryland
- Top 10 Attorney Award - Maryland, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2018
- AVVO Rating - 10.0 Top Attorney, AVVO, 2018
- AVVO Clients' Choice Award - 2017; The National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Civil Plaintiffs' Trial Lawyers - Md.- 2017; Fellow, The Maryland Bar Foundation; ABOTA - 2012-2016.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022