Top rated personal injury attorney in Upper Marlboro, MarylandStan Derwin Brown Law Office, LLC
Stan Brown is the Managing Member and an attorney at Stan Derwin Brown Law Office, LLC, in Largo, Maryland. He focuses his practice on personal injury, including matters involving Negligent Security Litigation, premises security liability, negligent and inadequate security, wrongful death, private nuisance, negligent hiring and supervision, video voyeurism and invasion of privacy.
Stan Brown has obtained numerous favorable settlements and verdicts for his clients during the past thirty-six (36) years of his legal career. Empathetic with those who have been injured because of someone else’s careless actions, he strives to ensure that his clients get the justice and compensation they deserve.
Stan Brown obtained a Bachelor of City Planning degree from Howard University's School of Architecture & Planning in Washington, D.C., Mr. Brown completed his Master’s Degree in Urban and Regional Planning at Virginia Commonwealth University. He went on to pursue his legal studies at the University of Richmond School of Law and obtained his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree in 1987.
An enthusiastic affiliate with the legal community, Mr. Brown has memberships in the:
· Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault
· Sexual Assault Legal Institute
· National Crime Victim Bar Association
· Prince George’s County Bar Association
· American Bar Association
· American Association for Justice
· J. Franklyn Bourne African American Bar Association
· Charlotte Ray Inn of Court
· National Association of Consumer Advocates
· Maryland State Bar Association’s Judicial Appointments Committee
Additionally, he gives back to his society through his active involvement at the Prince George’s County Hospital Authority and the Community Advocates for Family & Youth, Inc., where he serves as General Counsel.
Honored for his exceptional legal contributions, Mr. Brown has received a Distinguished* rating through Martindale-Hubbell and an “Excellent” rating on Avvo. He is also included in the list of Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers. He has successfully litigated numerous cases, some of which have even been published by the State and federal courts.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Real estate: business, Land use/zoning
Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 30% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 30% Real estate: business
- 10% Land use/zoning
First Admitted: 1988, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.stanbrown.law/Attorney-Profile/
- Current or prior member of the following: Prince George's County Bar Association; Maryland State Bar Association; American Trial Lawyers Association; J. Franklyn Bourne African American Bar Association; Charlotte Ray Inn of Court; National Employment Lawyers Association; National Association for Consumer Advocates; National Consumer Law Center; Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association; National Crime Victim Bar Association; National Trial Lawyers Association; District Of Columbia Trial Lawyers Association; Maryland State Bar Judicial Appointments Committee; Maryland Standing Committee on Rules of Practice & Procedure; Public Justice, a national nonprofit legal advocacy organization.
- Appointed by various State and County elected officials to the following organizations: Prince George's County Development Manual Task Force; Prince George's County Development Quality Steering Committee, Executive Committee Member; Preservation Maryland, Society for the Preservation of Maryland Antiquities; Board of Directors Prince George's County Neighborhood Design Center; Prince George's County Hospital Authority; Prince George's County Chamber of Commerce; Prince George's County Board of Trade; Outdoor Advertising Association of America, Inc.; Suburban Maryland Building Industry Association; Greater Southeast Community Hospital, former Board member; Johns Hopkins University, Carey School of Business, guest lecturer; Community Advocates for Family & Youth, Inc., General Counsel & Chairman of the Board.
- 1987, University of Richmond Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1987
- 1981, Howard University, School of Architecture & Engineering, Bachelor of City Planning , 1981
- 1984, Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Urban & Regional Planning, Master of Urban & Regional Planning, 1984
- Inadequate Security
- invasion of privacy
- Negligent Security
- video voyeurism
- Wrongful Death
Office location for Stan Brown
1300 Caraway Court
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
- Super Lawyers: 2023
See legal Q & A provided by Stan Brown
Q: Can Injured Maryland Crime Victims File A Lawsuit Against The Property Owner Or Business Owner?A: If you are the victim of a crime that happened on commercial property in Maryland or Washington, D. C., and if you or your family members sustained … See all answers by Stan Brown