Thomas C. Mooney
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Upper Marlboro, MD
- Free Consultation
The founder of the Law Offices of Thomas C. Mooney, Tom has been successfully defending his clients in Courts all over the state of Maryland for over 23 years. He focuses his practice exclusively in the area of criminal defense law, with his representative cases ranging from DUIs to traffic violations and other misdemeanor and serious felony offenses.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Mooney attended the University of Maryland, from which he obtained his Bachelor of Science in Psychology. He then pursued his legal studies at what is now known as Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School, graduating in 1998 with his Juris Doctor.
With a deeply held belief in constitutional rights as he endeavors to hold the state to its burden of proof, Mr. Mooney has garnered many successful results for his clients. He has won numerous jury verdicts and outright dismissals for many people. His legal acumen and skill have been recognized by both his clients and his peers alike. In 2011, he was named as the Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Maryland Association for Justice, Inc. Baltimore Magazine named him as one of Maryland's Top Attorneys in 2013.
Admitted to practice in Maryland, Mr. Mooney is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit. When he is not busy representing his clients or managing his firm, he dedicates his time to the furtherance and development of his profession. To that end, he has been an active member of the Maryland Association for Justice since 2011 and of the Prince George's County Bar Association since 1999. Mr. Mooney's staff includes bilingul associates who speak both English and Spanish.
- 100%Criminal Defense
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
About Thomas C. Mooney
First Admitted: 1998, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.mooneyesq.com/About-Our-Attorneys/Thomas-C-Moone...
- B.S., Major: Psychology, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
- Member of the Daniel O'Connell Law Society, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1998
- Prince George's County Bar Association, Member, 1999 - Present
- Maryland, 1998
- Member of Maryland State Bar Association, 1998
- Maryland Association For Justice, Member, 2011 - Present
- , Super Lawyer, Superlawyers, 2020
- Baltimore Magazine's Maryland Top Attorneys in Maryland, 2013
- Maryland Association for Justice Trial Lawyer of the Year, 2011
- Named as one of the top lawyers in the Metropolitan area for 2015., Top Lawyers, Washingtonian Magazine, 2015
Last Updated: 5/15/2022