Thomas E. Pyles
Top rated personal injury attorney in Waldorf, MarylandThe Law Office of Thomas E. Pyles, P.A.
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Bankruptcy, Criminal defense; view more
Licensed in Maryland since: 1991
Education: American University Washington College of Law
The Law Office of Thomas E. Pyles, P.A.2670 Crain Highway
Waldorf, MD 20601 Visit website
Thomas E. Pyles founded The Law Office of Thomas E. Pyles, P.A. in Waldorf, Maryland over a decade ago, and has since opened two additional locations in Laurel and Leonardtown, Maryland. Providing representation to clients throughout the state, he has a varied practice, with approximately half involving plaintiff's personal injury and wrongful death litigation. The types of cases that he handles in this regard include medical malpractice, nursing home negligence and motor vehicle accidents.
Mr. Pyles also provides defense representation to clients who are facing state misdemeanor or felony charges such as driving under the influence, weapons violations, drug possession and distribution, domestic violence, theft and other property offenses, and violent crimes. In his family law practice, he assists clients who are facing the end of their marriage and who are dealing with divorce-related issues such as property division, child custody and visitation, and spousal and child support. Finally, he helps clients who are struggling with their financial obligations and are seeking debt relief under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Mr. Pyles pursued his undergraduate education at the University of Baltimore and received a Bachelor of Science in criminal justice magna cum laude in 1988. He then attended American University Washington College of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1991. While in law school, Mr. Pyles clerked for the Felony Major Crimes Trial Section of the U.S. Attorney's Office of the District of Columbia. After graduation, he was an associate at a Maryland law firm before starting his own practice.
During his career, Mr. Pyles has handled more than 200 jury trials and over 1000 bench trials. His successes on behalf of his clients has led to his being named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 for several consecutive years. He is admitted to practice in Maryland and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Bankruptcy: consumer, Criminal defense, Family law, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Professional liability: plaintiff
Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Bankruptcy law, Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Failure to pay child support, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Juvenile law, Marital property
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Bankruptcy: consumer
- 10% Criminal defense
- 10% Family law
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Professional liability: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1991, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://tompyleslaw.com/thomas-e-pyles/
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Charles County Bar, Member
- Maryland, 1991
- Maryland Association of Justice, Member
- St. Mary's County Bar, Member
- United States Court of Federal Claims, 2009
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Prince George's County Bar, Member
- United States District Court of Maryland, 1992
- University of Baltimore, Bachelor’s of Science, magna cum laude, in Criminal Justice
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys, 10 Best in Client Satisfaction, 2015
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 10 Best in Client Satisfaction, 2016
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (NAOPIA), Nationally Ranked Top 10 Attorney, 2017
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2013-2017
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys, 10 Best in Maryland, 2016
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 10 Best in Client Satisfaction, 2016
- Top 100 DUI Attorneys in the State of Maryland, 2016
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys, 10 Best in Client Satisfaction, 2016
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys, 10 Best in Maryland, 2017
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (NAOPIA), Nationally Ranked Top 10 Attorney, 2016
- American Society of Legal Advocates, Top 100 Litigation Lawyer in State of Maryland, 2016
Office location for Thomas E. Pyles
2670 Crain Highway
Waldorf, MD 20601
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023