Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Boston, MassachusettsKelleher & Maceo P.C.
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, DUI-DWI, Civil Rights; view more
Licensed in Massachusetts since: 2015
Education: Boston University School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
Kelleher & Maceo P.C.53 State Street
Boston, MA 02109 Visit website
Attorney Ambar Maceo-Rossi is one of the founding partners of Kelleher & Maceo, P.C., with offices in Boston, Massachusetts. A top-ranked trial lawyer with more than 10 years of total legal experience, Ms. Maceo-Rossi focuses her practice on criminal defense, and she provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout Suffolk, Middlesex and Essex counties who face charges for any type of felony or misdemeanor offense, including DUI/OUI, drug crimes, violent crimes, theft and property crimes, and more.
While her female-owned boutique law firm has a strong focus on federal and state criminal law, they also handle complex civil rights cases. Before founding Kelleher & Maceo, Ms. Maceo-Rossi represented the rights and interests of injured and disabled workers seeking their rightful workers' compensation benefits. A native of the Dominican Republic, she began her practice there, and focused primarily on employment and labor law, civil litigation, white collar crimes, criminal fraud and abuse, and other matters.
With such a broad range of experience, Ms. Maceo-Rossi has gained a reputation for her in-depth legal knowledge and uncommon legal abilities both inside and outside the courtroom. As such, she is able to devise highly effective defense strategies for the accused as she aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes on their behalf as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
A 2005 summa cum laude graduate of Universidad Iberoamericana, Ms. Maceo-Rossi obtained her Master of Law in criminal law from Universidad de Buenos Aires in 2009 and her Master of Law in American law from Boston University School of Law in 2014. She holds her license to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as well as the Dominican Republic, and she is a board member of the Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Civil Rights
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Sex Offenses, Theft
- 70% Criminal Defense
- 20% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Civil Rights
First Admitted: 2015, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://victoriouscause.com/team/ambar-maceo/
- LL.M. in American Law, Boston University, 2014
- LL.M. in Criminal Law, Universidad de Buenos Aires (Argentina), 2009
- LL.B., Universidad Iberoamericana (Dominican Republic), 2005
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 2015
- Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Dominican Republic, 2006
- Each year, the Committee for Public Counsel Services recognizes the work of individuals who dedicate their careers to overcoming injustice, and championing the cause of zealous representation and effective assistance of counsel. The Emerging Defender Awards will be presented to one or more individuals committed to indigent defense who have gone above and beyond the call of duty, excelled when facing challenging situations, and shown they are highly motivated to continuously learn and improve. Recipients of this award will have been employed with CPCS or worked with CPCS clients for five or fewer years and demonstrated a commitment to the CPCS core values of courage, accountability, respect, and excellence. Source: https://www.publiccounsel.net/cpcs-awards/, Emerging Defender Award, CPCS, 2022
Office location for Ambar Maceo-Rossi
53 State Street
Boston, MA 02109
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023