Top Rated Estate & Trust Litigation Attorney in Boston, MA
A civil litigator with more than four decades of experience, Andrew Lawlor represents clients in Boston, Massachusetts, as an attorney with Belcher Fitzgerald LLP. His practice extends to matters of estate and trust litigation, business litigation and construction litigation. A former member of the U.S. Army National Guard, he served in Afghanistan, was awarded the Bronze Star for his service and retired as a colonel. For the Massachusetts National Guard, he served as the staff judge advocate and the 26th Brigade Combat Team’s brigade judge advocate.
Mr. Lawlor is a former enforcement attorney for the Massachusetts State Ethics Commission, a former assistant district attorney for Norfolk County and former assistant attorney general for the state of Massachusetts. Admitted to practice in Massachusetts, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Military Appeals, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
After graduating cum laude from Middlebury College with a Bachelor of Arts, Mr. Lawlor then attended law school. He graduated cum laude with his Juris Doctor from Suffolk University Law School and completed a Fellowship at the Fletcher School of Law and a Diplomacy at Tufts University in National Security.
An active participant in his community, Mr. Lawlor works with several volunteer organizations, including the Knights of Columbus and the Bar Association of Norfolk County’s Advisory Council. He is also an elected town meeting representative in Dedham and the former chairman of the School Building Rehabilitation Committee in the same city.
About Andrew Lawlor
First Admitted: 1989, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://belcherfitzgerald.com/andrew-lawlor-2/
- Service in Afghanistan, Awarded Bronze Star
- National Security Fellowship, Tufts University’s Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy
- Middlebury College, B.A., cum laude, 1985
Pro bono/Community Service
- Norfolk County Bar Association Council
- Former Chairman, School Building Rehabilitation Committee, Dedham, MA
- Elected Town Meeting Representative, Dedham, MA
- Knights of Columbus
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1989
- United States Court of Military Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 1993
- United States Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit, 2019
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 1991
- Successfully appealed federal trial court rulings scaling back jury verdict for client, obtaining reversal on four separate issues appealed. See Primarque Prods. Co. v. Williams W. & Witts Prods. Co., __ F.3d __, 2021 U.S. App. LEXIS 4126 (1st Cir. 2021), 2021
- Norfolk County Retirement System v. Pamela M. Masson-Smith, 66 Mass.App. Ct. 679, 2006
- Ligotti v. Ligotti, 71 Mass. App. Ct. 1124 (2008) further review denied 453 Mass. 1108, 2009
- Achieved $255,000 jury verdict for a client in U.S. District Court on breach of contract and tortious interference claims., 2018
Last Updated: 7/26/2022