Benjamin R. Zimmermann
Top rated personal injury attorney in Boston, MassachusettsSugarman and Sugarman, P.C.
Benjamin R. Zimmermann is a Boston, Massachusetts-based attorney with extensive practice experience in the areas of product liability, medical malpractice, construction site accidents, and premises liability. Within these highly complex and evolving areas of personal injury law, Mr. Zimmermann has achieved record success on behalf of his clients, including groundbreaking settlements and verdicts for victims and their families. He is a principal attorney at Sugarman and Sugarman, P.C.
Among his representative cases are: a sizeable settlement involving a denied insurance claim on behalf of an injured state trooper; a jury verdict against a medical laboratory for negligently reporting results; and a recovery for a brain injured child who was a victim of failure to diagnose fetal distress. In one year alone, Mr. Zimmermann obtained two of the largest jury verdicts in Massachusetts: A verdict for the estate of a woman killed while using a defective pool slide; and a verdict for a worker badly injured in a fall from an unguarded opening at a construction site. Most recently, Mr. Zimmermann obtained a $30.55 Million Dollar verdict in Suffolk County for a family in their claims for the severe and tragic brain injuries suffered by their son during his mother's labor.
As a leading trial attorney in Massachusetts, Mr. Zimmermann has been invited to lecture at numerous continuing legal education events and to law school students in Boston concerning plaintiff trial practice. He has also worked to author amicus briefs to Massachusetts appellate courts, and has pursued appeals in state and federal court, on issues of law and policy important to personal injury victims.
With a comprehensive knowledge of his practice and as a leading Boston trial attorney, Mr. Zimmermann has been featured repeatedly in Boston's Best Lawyers publication. He has also served as a faculty member of the MCLE Personal Injury Law Conference for a number of years and was listed as one of "Massachusetts Super Lawyer Rising Stars" from 2005-2010 and Massachusetts Super Lawyers 2011-2021. He is a member of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, the American Association for Justice, the Massachusetts Bar Association, and the American Bar Association.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Premises liability - plaintiff, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices
First Admitted: 2000, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://www.sugarman.com/our-team/benjamin-r-zimmermann/
- "The Best Lawyers in America", 2010 - Present
- Lectured at both MCLE and area law schools concerning Plaintiff Trial Practice
- Repeating lecturer at annual MCLE Massachusetts Personal Injury Law Conferences
- "A Tale of Two Lawsuits", co-authored with Professor Gabriel Tenninbaum of Suffolk University Law School, 2012
- Fordham University School of Law, 1999
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.A., 1996
- Massachusetts, 2000
- American Association for Justice
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- American Bar Association
- New York, 2000
- Massachusetts Bar Association
Office location for Benjamin R. Zimmermann
31 St. James Ave
Boston, MA 02116
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2005 - 2010
Top listsTop 100: Massachusetts Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
- Top 100: 2022 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2013 Massachusetts Super Lawyers