Bryan A. Wood
Top rated Securities Litigation attorney in Boston, MassachusettsPugsley Wood LLP
A seasoned professional with nearly 25 years of legal experience, attorney Bryan A. Wood founded the law offices of Pugsley Wood LLP to represent plaintiffs, not the powerful, in whistleblower matters and securities litigation. Promoting accountability and fairness across Boston, Massachusetts, he has serviced hundreds of clients and helped them blow the whistle to report misconduct, corruption and fraudulent activity.
Over the years, Mr. Wood has recovered groundbreaking multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts on behalf of his clients, including some of the highest rewards ever granted to whistleblowers. He has successfully represented IRS, qui tam, CFTC and SEC whistleblowers who have reported massive Ponzi schemes, accounting fraud, fraudulent hedge fund, off-label marketing and more.
Mr. Wood is admitted to practice in the state courts of Pennsylvania (1998) and Massachusetts (2001). Additionally, he is licensed to practice in the federal courts of Colorado, Massachusetts, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the New York State Supreme Court – Appellate Division.
A cum laude 1991 Bachelor of Arts graduate of the University of Massachusetts, Mr. Wood graduated summa cum laude with his master’s degree in public policy from Rutgers University in 1995. Later in 1998, he earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Temple University Beasley School of Law in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Mr. Wood’s achievements and professionalism have been recognized in many ways. He was honored to bear an AV Preeminent* rating by Martindale-Hubbell for his high ethical standards and legal ability. He was also included in The Best Lawyers in America and listed in "Local Litigation Stars" by Benchmark Litigation.
An eloquent speaker and writer, Mr. Wood has authored several publications and presented at seminars and conferences on topics related to whistleblower law. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Boston Bar Association, the Massachusetts Bar Association, The State Bar of California and the Taxpayers Against Fraud Education Fund (TAFEF).
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasSecurities Litigation
- 100% Securities Litigation
First Admitted: 1998
Professional Webpage: https://www.pugsleywood.com/bryan-a-wood.html
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Star, 2013-2015, 2021
- New England Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Securities Litigation, 2007
- New England Super Lawyers, Super Lawyer, 2020-2021
- Calrson v. Xerox Corporation, et al.
- In re Par Pharmaceutical Securities Litigation
- In re Sonus Inc. Securities Litigation
- In re ICG Communications, Inc Securities Litigation
- In re Smartforce PLC Securities Litigation
- In re Enterasys Networks, Inc.
- Hill v. State Street Corporation
- City of Brockton Retirement System v. Avon Products, Inc., et al.
- In re Fannie Mae 2008 Securities Litigation
- In re BP plc Securities Litigation
- Dunst v. Hyundai Motor America, et al.
- Mishler v. Nationwide Life Insurance Company
- In re Intel Corp. Derivative Litigation (corporate governance reforms)
- Fall 2021, American Business Law Journal, Reforming Dodd-Frank From the Whistleblower’s Vantage, Interview Participant
- April 29, 2014: Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Maryland Chapter, 11th Annual Fraud Conference, Presenter, So You Want To Blow The Whistle: An Overview of the SEC’s Whistleblower Program
- November 3, 2014: Boston Bar Association, Brown Bag Lunch, Panelist, SEC Whistleblower Program, Developments and Best Practices
- September 14, 2016: Taxpayers Against Fraud Education Fund Annual Conference, Panelist, Best Practices in Working with the IRS, SEC and CFTC Whistleblower Offices, Financial Fraud Whistleblower Investigations
- December 8, 2016: Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (Boston Chapter) & Institute of Internal Auditors (Boston Chapter), Joint Presentation with Harry Markopolos, Financial Fraud Whistleblower Investigations
- Member, Taxpayers Against Fraud (TAF), Standing Committee Member, TAFEF SEC/CFTC Committee
- New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, First Department
- Ninth Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals
- First Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- State Bar of Pennsylvania
- State Bar of Massachusetts
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- M.S., Public Policy, Rutgers University, Honors: Summa Cum Laude, 1995
- B.A., University of Massachusetts, Honors: Cum Laude, 1991
- Whistleblower attorney for all industries
Office location for Bryan A. Wood
53 State St
Boston, MA 02109
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2007