Carlos A. Maycotte
Top rated Family Law attorney in Boston, MassachusettsFitch Law Partners LLP
Carlos A. Maycotte, a partner at Fitch Law Partners LLP in Boston, Massachusetts, is a top-rated lawyer with over a decade of legal experience. Mr. Maycotte provides sound counsel and support to clients across his region with family law matters. He takes on cases such as child support, alimony, divorce modifications, divorce, international arbitration and litigation, and more.
Mr. Maycotte is compassionate and fierce when it comes to representing clients with their family law matters. He is aware of the sensitive nature of these matters and has successfully handled and negotiated dozens of cases. Mr. Maycotte has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Cornell University, and is an active alumnus and former president of the Board of the Cornell Club of Boston. He is also a member of the Cornell Alumni Student-Mentoring Program and the Cornell Alumni Ambassadors Network.
Mr. Maycotte earned his Juris Doctor from the Boston University School of Law. He is the former co-chair of the Family Law Section of the Boston Bar Association. Mr. Maycotte has been named to the Best Lawyers in America’s family law list for several years running. He is also certified as a financial litigator by the American Academy of Certified Financial Litigators.
Mr. Maycotte is actively involved in pro bono work and is Fitch Law Partners LLP’s pro bono coordinator, through which he has gained significant amount of pro bono experience. He is a volunteer attorney at Kids in Need of Defense (KIND), an NGO that helps unaccompanied and separated immigrant minors who are facing removal from the country.
He is admitted to practice before the Massachusetts Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts and the United States Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit. Actively involved in his legal community, Mr. Maycotte is a member of the Boston Bar Association, Steering Committee of the Family Law Section of the Boston Bar Association, and the Massachusetts Bar Association.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Prenuptial Agreements
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2010, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.fitchlp.com/attorney/carlos-a-maycotte/
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Admitted to the Massachusetts and New York state bars, the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Co-chair of Boston Bar Association's Family Law Steering Committee, 2019
- Case Comment, Ventrice v. Ventrice, 87 Mass. App. Ct. 190 (2015), Massachusetts Law Review, Vol. 98, No. 2, 2016
- The New “Documents Only” Subpoena Under Recently Amended Mass. R. Civ. P. 45, Boston Bar Journal, Vol. 59, No. 3, 2015
- Case Comment, Bower v. Bournay-Bower, 469 Mass. 690 (2014), Massachusetts Law Review, Vol. 98, No. 2, 2016
- Volunteer attorney for Kids in Need of Defense (KIND)
- Member, Cornell Alumni Student-Mentoring Program
- Member of the Cornell Alumni Ambassadors Network
- Immediate Past President of the Board of the Cornell Club of Boston
- Certified Financial Litigator from the American Academy of Certified Financial Litigators
- A Best Lawyer in America® in Family Law since 2019
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers® Rising Star since 2017
- Cornell University, B.A.
- Best Lawyer in America in Family Law, 2019
Office location for Carlos A. Maycotte
84 State Street
Boston, MA 02109
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2023