Attorney Cynthia T. Runge is the founder and owner of Peridot Family Law in Boston, Massachusetts. She is licensed to practice in New York as well as Massachusetts. She has been a lawyer for more than 30 years and has focused exclusively on domestic relations matters for the past 15 years. Attorney Runge assists and guides clients through the complex divorce process and helps them with other serious and pressing legal issues affecting their families.
Highly trained in mediation and collaborative law, Ms. Runge prefers to use alternative disputes resolution techniques to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach agreements without the need for expensive, contentious court battles. She has written about alternative dispute resolution and conducted lectures and seminars across her region on topics involving divorce mediation and collaborative law, and how to more efficiently represent the rights and interests of those seeking a dissolution of their marriage.
Along with maintaining a successful legal practice, Ms. Runge served as coordinator of court and divorce mediation services for a Cambridge community mediation program from 2007 to 2010. She served as vice president of the Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation from 2017 to 2019, and she is a former co-chair of the Charles River Collaborative Law Practice Group.
Among her other professional affiliations, Ms. Runge is an active member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, where she serves on the Family Law Section Council and previously served on the Dispute Resolution Section. She is also a member of the Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council and the Massachusetts Association of Trial Attorneys.
A graduate of Boston University, Ms. Runge obtained her Juris Doctor from Whittier Law School. She also received a certificate in Museum Studies from Tufts University as well as the Pocket MBA for Lawyers from Boston University.
Recognized for her exceptional professionalism and service, Ms. Runge has earned accolades from her peers along with many positive testimonials from those she has served and "Superb" client ratings on AVVO. In 2013, she received the MVP award from the Boston Bar Association for her contributions to the Volunteer Lawyers Project.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Paternity
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1991, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.peridotfamilylaw.com/cynthia-runge
- Volunteer Lawyer's Project, volunteer attorney North Shore Community Mediation Center, LEC: Assisted non-profit organization in placing French students in American families each summer, 2001-2013.
- Boston University, B.S.
- Former Co-Chair, Charles River Collaborative Law Practice Group
- Massachusetts Association of Trial Attorneys, 2020
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2022
- Member, Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council
- Former Vice President, Massachusetts Council for Family Mediation
- Admitted to the Massachusetts and New York bars
- Certificate in Museum Studies, Tufts University
- Received MVP award from the Volunteer Lawyer's Project in March 2013 for pro bono representation of Mother, which resulted in the Court's removal of guardian, and return of children to client., MVP Award Volunteer Lawyer's Project, 2013
- Panel discussion concerning LAR and fixed-fee agreements., Co-Chair, Building Your Family Law Practice with Limited Assistance Representation and Fixed-Fee Agreements, Massachusetts Bar Association, 2016
- Coach for Mediation Skills Certificate Course, Boston College Law School, Newton, MA, March 17, 2018
- Panelist on divorce, Lawyer for the Day Training, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Boston, MA, March 28, 2018
- Panelist, “Are you an Authentic Leader?”, Massachusetts Collaborative Practice Forum, Norwood, MA, April 27, 2018
- Panelist, “What to do when your Probate & Family Court case is impacted by the Juvenile Court”, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Family Law Conference, Boston, MA, May 18, 2018
- Panelist, “Putting Mediation on Trial”, Massachusetts Bar Association, Boston, MA, May 24, 2018
- Panelist, "Mediation on Trial: Putting Mediation and Conciliation on Trial", Massachusetts Bar Association, Worcester County Law Library, October 15, 2018
- Faculty, "Representing Moderate Income Family Law Clients—Working Efficiently", Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, June 11, 2019
- Best Lawyers, 2020
- Massachusetts Association of Trial Attorneys
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council
- Massachusetts Council For Family Mediation
Office location for Cynthia T. Runge
171 Milk Street
Boston, MA 02109