David L. Klebanoff
Top rated General Litigation attorney in Boston, MassachusettsGilman McLaughlin & Hanrahan LLP
Attorney David L. Klebanoff is a partner at Gilman, McLaughlin & Hanrahan, LLP, in Boston, Massachusetts. Mr. Klebanoff practices in the areas of commercial and personal litigation, corporate governance, real estate, and land use and zoning law, serving clients throughout the greater Boston area. This diversity of practice areas provides a foundation for wide ranging expertise and the ability to bring a broad perspective to problem solving and avoid the narrow focus that often hinders "specialists" when they are asked to help resolve legal problems.
Mr. Klebanoff has been a licensed attorney since 1981 and has more than 35 years of litigation experience. He handles civil litigation matters as part of his nonspecialized legal practice and represents individuals and businesses in a wide variety of litigation matters as well as Boards of Assessors in municipalities including Boston, Brookline, Newton, Springfield, Everett and Somerset in defending high value property tax appeals. His representation of the City of Boston resulted in a 2011 Supreme Judicial Court decision that permanently revised the way cities and towns are permitted to value utility property while saving Boston over one hundred million dollars. He also has a growing real estate practice including conveyancing and development with a particular expertise in zoning and land use law including representing a major property owner in having a recently enacted restrictive land use ordinance declared invalid. His corporate work includes his serving as the legal counsel to the members of the Board of Directors of Market Basket Super Markets, and the representative of shareholders in closely held businesses.
After graduating cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania with bachelor’s degree and double major, Mr. Klebanoff earned a joint degree coupling a Master’s Degree in City and Regional Planning from Harvard University with a law degree from Boston University School of Law. He is admitted in all Massachusetts state courts and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit.
Mr. Klebanoff joined Gilman, McLaughlin & Hanrahan, LLP, as an associate attorney in 1984 and became a partner of the firm in 1993. The firm has more than 45 years of history in the Boston legal community and is committed to providing practical, cost-effective solutions tailored to each client’s needs.
Practice areasGeneral Litigation, Real Estate: Business, Business/Corporate, Land Use/Zoning
Business Organizations, Contracts, Litigation
- 40% General Litigation
- 30% Real Estate: Business
- 20% Business/Corporate
- 10% Land Use/Zoning
First Admitted: 1981, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.gilmac.com/Attorneys/David-L-Klebanoff.shtml
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1982
- Massachusetts, 1981
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1982
- Harvard University, M.S., Major: City and Regional Planning, 1981
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Major: History and Political Science, Honors: cum laude
- Masters in City and Regional Planning-Harvard University, 1981
- John M. Corcoran Co-representing major real estate developer in litigation and HUD insured financing matters., 2018
- Hexagon Properties representing developer of luxury residential properties in Back Bay and Aspen Colorado, 2018
- Beginning in the 1990's represented the Assessing Departments of Boston, Brookline, Springfield, Newton, Everett, Somerset and Charlton in matters of property tax defense for unusual and public utility properties including recent successful defense for Boston resulting in an estimated savings for the city of $111,000,000.00., 2018
- Beginning in approximately 2000 with representation of certain members and currently representing the entire Board of Directors of Market Basket, Inc., a well-known, growing, nationally recognized, grocery store chain. , 2018
- Numerous HUD insured multi-family housing refinancings, 2018
- Multiple acquisitions and condominium creation for Hexagon Properties' real estate on Marlborough Street, Beacon Street and Commonwealth Avenue in Boston's Back Bay, 2018
- Real Estate Development; Grocery
Office location for David L. Klebanoff
101 Merrimac Street, Suite 810
PO Box 9601
Boston, MA 02114
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2017