David R. Baron
Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Boston, MA
The principal attorney at his own law firm located in Boston, Massachusetts, David R. Baron focuses his practice exclusively on real estate matters. Providing representation to clients throughout Massachusetts, he handles primarily residential real estate transactions as well as litigation and other real estate-related matters. Mr. Baron also has experience in easements and right-of-way issues, condominium conversions, mixed-use development, tax abatements, and leasing. His clients have included developers and lenders as well as individual buyers and sellers of real estate.
Majoring in political science, Mr. Baron attended the University of Massachusetts Amherst and received a Bachelor of Arts summa cum laude in 1988. He then pursued his legal education at Boston College Law School and was awarded his Juris Doctor cum laude in 1992. While he was in law school, Mr. Baron served as the Executive Editor of what was then known as the Boston College Third World Law Journal. After graduation, he joined the home office of a prominent global law firm, where he was an associate in its commercial litigation department and handled real estate matters. Mr. Baron formed his own law firm in 2001. He is admitted to practice before all Massachusetts state courts, and he has received a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
In order to stay abreast of current developments in real estate law, Mr. Baron is an active participant in several legal organizations. His memberships include the Boston Bar Association, the Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts, and the Massachusetts Bar Association. Since 2011, Mr. Baron has taught courses on real estate transactions at New England Law | Boston. He is the chair of his local zoning committee.
About David R. Baron
First Admitted: 1992, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://www.baron-law.com/about/david-r-baron-professional-bi...
- Named as New England Super Lawyer in Real Estate every year since 2011
- 10.0 Avvo Rating
- Boston Private Bank & Trust
- Leader Bank
- First Republic Bank
- Loan Depot, Inc. (formerly Mortgage Master, Inc.)
- Brookline Conservation Land Trust
- Member, Real Estate Bar of Massachusetts (REBA)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Licensed Massachusetts Real Estate Broker
- Lecturer on Law, New England Law | Boston, "Modern Real Estate Transactions" (Spring 2012, Spring 2013, Fall 2013)
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, summa cum laude, Major: Political Science within University Honors Program with significant concentrations in political theory and constitutional law., 1988
Pro bono/Community Service
- Council Member, Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Council, 2006-present, 2006
- Chair, Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Council Zoning Committee, 2009-present, 2009
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Individually recognized by the Boston City Council for "Commitment to Building a Better Boston," December 16, 2013., 2013
- Powderhouse for Somerville, a 50-unit mixed use condominium development, 2018
- Mortgage Lenders
Last Updated: 5/15/2022