J. Tucker Merrigan
Top rated personal injury attorney in Boston, MassachusettsSweeney Merrigan Law
J. Tucker Merrigan is the co-managing attorney at the law firm of Sweeney Merrigan Personal Injury Lawyers in Boston, Massachusetts. He represents clients with matters involving personal injury, including motor vehicle accidents, mass torts, products liability, premises liability, dangerous drugs, insurance law, medical malpractice and motorcycle accidents.
Using his immense experience and skill, Mr. Merrigan has a long list of having obtained numerous million-dollar and multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients. He understands the negative impact that injuries can have on an individual, especially when caused by the negligent and careless actions of another party, and he zealously advocates for his clients’ rights.
Actively affiliated with the legal community, Mr. Merrigan is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, the Boston Bar Association and the Massachusetts Bar Association. He is a regular volunteer at the Big Brother Big Sister Foundation.
Mr. Merrigan is admitted to practice in the state of Massachusetts and before the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts and has over a decade of experience practicing law. He has been honored for his impeccable legal work by being named to the Top 40 Under 40 list by The National Trial Lawyers. He also has a 10.0 on 10 rating on Avvo, along with several testimonials from satisfied clients.
Additionally, Mr. Merrigan is the recipient of the Top Attorney Award by Lawyer.com. He is well known for his exceptional work representing over 125 towns and cities in Massachusetts taking on cases against some of the largest companies involved in causing the Opioid Crisis.
Mr. Merrigan has a bachelor’s degree in political science from the Tufts University, where he was captain of the Varsity Men’s lacrosse team. He was also the recipient of the All-American and Scholar All-America honors. He earned his Juris Doctor from the New England Law | Boston.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Personal injury - defense, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical
- 80% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2011, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.sweeneymerrigan.com/about-our-law-firm/attorneys...
- Big-Brother in the Big-Brother Big-Sister foundation, volunteer
- 2018-2021 Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- Superb Attorney, Avvo Rating
- 2020-2021 Lawyer.com Top Attorney Award
- 2015-2021 Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers
- Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts
- Loomis Chaffee, Windsor, Connecticut
- American Association for Justice
- United States District Court, Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Boston Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- $117,000 - Civil judgment on behalf of client who was pushed to the ground sustaining serious hand/wrist injuries, 2012
- $310,000 -- Settlement of shoulder injury in complex injury case, 2015
- $755,000 - Settlement on eve of trial for a victim of workplace bullying. Complex litigation included a medical malpractice claim against an IME doctor and a wrongful termination claim against corporate employer, 2014
Office location for J. Tucker Merrigan
268 Summer St
Boston, MA 02210
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2022
See legal Q & A provided by J. Tucker Merrigan
Q: Who Can Be Held Accountable After A Slip-And-Fall Injury In Massachusetts?A: Slip-and-fall accidents are the most common type of premises liability claims in Boston. They can happen in businesses, at restaurants, in homes and …
Q: Did My Baby’s Birth Injury Result From Negligence In Massachusetts?A: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), seven out of every 1,000 babies born in the United States suffer from a birth … See all answers by Tucker Merrigan