Michael G. Tracy
Top rated professional liability attorney in Boston, MassachusettsLaw Office of Michael G. Tracy
Practice Areas: Professional liability, Civil litigation, Insurance coverage
Licensed in Massachusetts since: 1972
Education: Harvard Law School
Languages Spoken: English, French
My practice involves professional liability defense for lawyers, accountants, healthcare providers and others; insurance coverage counseling and litigation for carriers; product liability defense for distributors, manufacturers and insurers; and general commercial litigation. Especially in professional liability matters, my clients always return my phone calls. I've been a litigating lawyer since 1972, and I'm fortunate in being able to say I'm not burned out yet.
First Admitted: 1972, Massachusetts
- I served for seventeen years as a member of the Board of Directors of Greater Boston Legal Services and then for ten years as a member and Chair of the Board of the Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation. I served a four-year term as a member of the Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers and continue to act as a hearing officer.
- I served as a member of the Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers, having been appointed to a four-year term commencing July 1, 2015 by the Justices of the Supreme Judicial Court.
- I am an active member of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society, Defense Research Institute, Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association, Federal Bar Association, Boston Bar Association, Massachusetts Bar Association, and several sections and committees of the American Bar Association, including the Lawyers Professional Liability Consortium. I am a member of the Commercial and Consumer Panels of Arbitrators of the American Arbitration Association.
- I served as Deputy Chief Counsel of the Massachusetts Special Commission Concerning State and County Buildings (the Ward Commission), as an Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Massachusetts, and as an Assistant Massachusetts Attorney General and Deputy Chief of the Criminal Bureau.
- B.A. Columbia (cum laude), 1968; J.D. Harvard, 1972; Vice President, Harvard Legal Aid Bureau.
- Numerous lawyers and law firms, CPA's and public accounting firms, healthcare providers, other professionals, manufacturers, distributors and insurers.
- I am admitted to the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
- Super Lawyers: 2004, 2011, 2013 - 2022