Patrick M. Gioia
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Boston, MA
The founder of Gioia Law LLC, Patrick M. Gioia focuses his practice primarily on criminal defense matters. Working out of the firm's office in Boston, Massachusetts, his client base comes from throughout Suffolk County and other parts of the metropolitan area. Admitted to practice in Massachusetts since 2011, Mr. Gioia is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Born and raised in the Boston area, Mr. Gioia provides advice and counsel to people who have been charged by the government with having committed misdemeanor or felony offenses. The types of cases that he has worked on during his career have included assault and battery, larceny, domestic violence, driving under the influence of alcohol, weapons offenses, stalking and harassment, sex crimes, speeding and other motor vehicle violations, and drug possession and distribution. Mr. Gioia has been able to obtain numerous successful results for his clients, whether through dismissals, acquittals or the negotiation of favorable plea agreements with the prosecution.
Mr. Gioia's experience has also encompassed probation and parole violations, Department of Children and Families investigations and hearings, and the sealing and expungement of criminal records. In addition to his criminal defense practice, Mr. Gioia has significant general civil litigation experience as well. Highly regarded by his fellow professionals for the overall quality of his work in all of these areas as well as for his high degree of ethics, he has received a "Superb" peer-review rating through Avvo. A 2010 graduate of the University of Miami School of Law, Mr. Gioia's memberships include the Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Criminal Law Section of the Boston Bar Association.
About Patrick M. Gioia
First Admitted: 2011, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://gioialaw.com/
- Rated as Rising Star by Super Lawyers, 2019
- Norfolk County Bar Association Pro Bono Award, 2016
- First Circuit Federal Judicial Conference Invitee, October 2017
- Speaker, Correctional Crisis Interventional Training, May 2017
- Guest Speaker at Mental Health Court MCLE, May 2018
- United States District Court, Massachusetts, 2017
- Massachusetts, 2011
- Quincy Bar Association, Treasurer
- Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Boston Bar Association Criminal Law Section Member
- University of New Hampshire, B.A., 2006
Last Updated: 5/15/2022