Paul G. Boylan
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Boston, MA
- Virtual Appointments
Attorney Paul G. Boylan is a partner with Boston office of Freeman Mathis & Gary, a full-service firm with 20 office locations throughout the country. Licensed to practice in Massachusetts and New York, he represents the rights and interests of a diverse client base in multiple states who have legal needs involving a wide range of practice areas, including any of the following and more:
- Contracts and other business disputes
- Defense of business owners directors and officers
- Investment fraud and securities violations
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Intellectual property disputes, such as patent and trademark infringements
- Unfair competition and unfair trade practices
- Product liability claims
- Personal injury defense
- Commercial real estate disputes
- Probate disputes and trust litigation
Mr. Boylan has close to 40 years of experience as a lead or first chair civil trial attorney primarily in jury trials. He employs the highest level of professional advocacy. He works collaboratively and closely with those he serves to provide custom- tailored advice and strategies. Those are continuously re-evaluated. He excels in complex litigation. His overall goal is to deliver practical and cost-effective solutions. Those include victory at trial, success on appeal, and settlement on favorable terms. His job is to advocate vigorously and effectively to accomplish your objectives.
He is recognized as a leader in business litigation, professional liability defense, civil litigation defense and estate & trust litigation. Mr. Boylan holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell since 1995. Law & Politics magazine named him a Top Business Litigator He has since 2005 been consistently named a "superlawyer " in Masachusttes and New england for business litigation. He has earned numerous other awards and honors from his peers, as well as many positive reviews and referrals from his satisfied clients, including "Superb" client ratings on Avvo.
He is a summa cum laude graduate of Dartmouth College, Phi Beta Kappa. Mr. Boylan obtained his Juris Doctor from Columbia University School of Law in 1977. He is an active member of the American Bar Association, the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association. He serves as a panelist with the American Arbitration Association and as a Proctor in Admiralty in the Maritime Law Association of the United States.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Paul G. Boylan
First Admitted: 1978, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.fmglaw.com/attorney_bio.php
- Mr. Boylan has consistently achieved victories at trial for defendants. Cases not won are settled on favorable terms. Settlements and outcomes in Mr. Boylan's selected work for plaintiffs are confidential. He has recovered in excess of 10 million dollars in such cases.
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Mr. Boylan's lifetime outstanding achievement is his three now adult children for whom he claims only a tiny part of any credit.
- Recognized as a Massachusetts “Super Lawyer” in Business Litigation, Professional Liability Defense, Civil Litigation Defense and Estate & Trust Litigation
- “AV-Preeminent” rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- American Arbitration Association, Panelist
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States (Proctor in Admiralty)
- New York 1978
- Massachusetts 1980
- Procter in Admiralty
Pro bono/Community Service
- Mr Boylan does pro bono work when able and wishes he did more.
- B. A., Dartmouth College, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1972
- All transactions involving Mr Boylan's clients are non-public., 2019
- Mr. Boylan does not publicise the names of his clients., 2019
- Professional organisations
- The 11th Circuit deals blow to Employer’s Liability exclusion finding ambiguities under Alabama law. Read more:… https://t.co/eJAumPkJCa
- FMG Law’s Wayne Melnick will be participating on a panel at the 2022 CLM Conference on 3.24. The session is titled… https://t.co/8RzbQQ1XCS
- California implements new 2022 COVID-19 supplemental Paid Sick Leave Law - https://t.co/nC3HA4cHZk #CALaw #PaidSickLeave
- FMG Law is sponsoring and attending the Women in Insurance Leadership #ExecuSummit FMG Law’s Alicia Santocki will… https://t.co/o7SPcOAg0G
- Russia-Ukraine conflict raises cyber risks for U.S. enterprises - https://t.co/XMQMbGlDlg #cybersecurity… https://t.co/t1Gsj4Gwqb
Last Updated: 5/15/2022