Robert M. Asher
Top Rated Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney in Boston, MA
Bob leads the post-grant proceedings teams at Sunstein leveraging his deep experience in patent litigation and patent prosecution. He has richly rewarded inventors and businesses through his advocacy with respect to patents.
At Sunstein, we help innovators stand up to any obstacle, even the largest companies in the world. Our patent office litigation practice, emphasizes the strategic importance of inter partes reviews (“IPR”) and post grant reviews to litigation and litigation avoidance. Bob has been lead counsel on over a dozen IPR’s. IPR’s have been effectively used to resolve matters without the extraordinary costs of district court litigation.
About Robert M. Asher
First Admitted: 1983, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.sunsteinlaw.com/attorneys/robert-m-asher
- Co-chair Patent Litigation subcommittee of Litigation Section of the ABA
- S.B. Electrical Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1978
- $14.6 million jury verdict of patent infringement on behalf of Exergen Corp. v. Kaz USA, Inc., 2016
- Advanced Bionics v. Med-el Elektromedizinische Gerate GmbH - We succeeded in securing a denial of each of the IPR petitions filed against two of Med-el's patent., 2020
- PTAB reversed in Arendi v. Apple, Google and Motorola Mobility Federal Circuit decision saving patent for recent settlement with Samsung. Litigation still pending against other defendants., 2016
- Computer Hardware And Software
- Medical Devices
Last Updated: 5/15/2022