Steven J. Brooks
Top Rated White Collar Crimes Attorney in Boston, MA
Principal of the litigation group at Brooks & DeRensis, P.C., Steven J. Brooks represents clients in Boston, Massachusetts. His focus is on white collar criminal law, trade secrets, international law involving China, criminal and civil securities litigation, health care regulations, regulatory law, casinos and gambling law and intellectual property litigation. In courts throughout the United States, he has represented a wide variety of corporate and individual clients.
A graduate of Harpur College with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Mr. Brooks obtained his Juris Doctor from Boston University School of Law. In 2017, he was named a Lawyer of Distinction, one of New England Top Lawyers and one of the 2017 Top Attorneys in Massachusetts by Boston Magazine. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Brooks is a former assistant United States Attorney for both the District of New Jersey and the District of Massachusetts and a former New York Assistant District Attorney. With additional experience in handling cases related to short-line railroad, he is admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit, the United States Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit, the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, the United States Tax Court, the United States Supreme Court and all state courts in New York.
He is a member of the New York Bar Association, the Massachusetts Bar Association, the Boston Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association and the American Bar Association. Every client deserves an individual evaluation of their circumstances and needs, and Mr. Brooks scales the representation to match the case.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Steven J. Brooks
First Admitted: 1968, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.bdboston.com/team/steven-j-brooks-esq/
- Boston Magazine’s “2018 Top Attorneys in Massachusetts”
- Lawyer of Distinction, 2018
- New England Top Lawyers, 2018
- Super Lawyer 2007-2018
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 30 plus years (including 2018)
- Harpur College, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- New York
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Boston Bar Association, Member
Last Updated: 5/15/2022