Tara M. Swartz
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Boston, MassachusettsSwartz Law, LLC
Attorney Tara M. Swartz of Swartz Law, LLC, represents employees and small businesses in matters arising out of the workplace and legal compliance. She represents clients in the Boston area and across Massachusetts, as well as clients in the Kansas City region in Kansas and Missouri.
Ms. Swartz graduated from the University of Massachusetts Amherst in 1998 with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and a Bachelor of Science in Sports Management. She was also a Division I full scholarship athlete in women's gymnastics. She earned her Juris Doctor from Northeastern University School of Law in 2001.
For more than 20 years she has represented employees and small businesses in workplace issues and claims, including counseling and litigation for instances involving discrimination and retaliation, sexual harassment, wage, hour and leave violations, noncompetition disputes, whistleblowing, as well as advising small businesses regarding employment law compliance, operational needs, and formulation of contracts, policies and procedures.
Ms. Swartz was admitted to the bar in Massachusetts in 2002 and in Kansas and Missouri in 2015. She is also licensed to practice before the United States District Courts for the District of Massachusetts, Kansas and Western District of Missouri, and the United States Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit. In addition to serving as faculty and panelist for MCLE seminars, she served from 2012 to 2014 as chair of the Amicus Committee for the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association. She has received a perfect 10.0 "superb" rating through Avvo.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employee, Employment litigation: plaintiff, Business/corporate, Employment litigation: defense
Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employer, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Contracts
First Admitted: 2002, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://boston.tswartzlaw.com/attorney-tara-m-swartz/
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts, Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Bachelor of Science in Sport Management, Honors: Full-Scholarship Athlete, Women’s Gymnastics
- Faculty, Mastering Discovery, Deposition & Summary Judgment Strategies in Employment Cases, MCLE, 2012
- Co-Chair and Faculty, MBA Seminar: Ethical Issues in Employment Law, 2002
- Faculty, Massachusetts Labor & Employment Law Conference, MCLE, 2013
- Panelist, Annual Labor & Employment Law Program, Northeastern University School of Law, 2014
- Faculty, Deposition in an Employment Law Case, A Demonstration, MCLE, 2013
- Faculty, MCLE Seminar: Annual Employment Law Conference, 2013
- Chair and Faculty, MCLE Seminar: Top 10 FMLA Situations and Solutions, March, 2015
- Faculty, MCLE Video Deposition Module: Taking a Deposition in an Employment Law Case, 2013
- Faculty, MCLE Seminar: Mastering Discovery Deposition and Summary Judgment Strategies in Employment Cases, 2012
- Licensed to Practice Law in Missouri and Kansas, 2015
- Licensed to Practice Law in the U.S District Court for the Western District of Missouri, 2016
- Licensed to practice law in Massachusetts, 2002
- Licensed to Practice Law in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2002
- Amicus Committee, Massachusetts Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association, Chair, 2012-2014
- Licensed to Practice Law in U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit, 2003
Office location for Tara M. Swartz
100 State Street
Boston, MA 02109
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2007 - 2009, 2013