J. Michael Conley
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Braintree, MA
J. Michael Conley is a dexterous and compassionate personal injury attorney serving clients in Braintree, Massachusetts. He co-founded the law firm of Kenney & Conley, P.C., with a desire to work closely with injured clients and deliver the highest level of representation possible. With over four decades of legal experience, he has been successful in securing millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of his clients who were injured due to:
· Auto and truck accidents
· Workplace accidents
· Ship, boat and recreational vehicle wrecks
· Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
· Slip-and-fall accidents and animal attacks
· Elevator and escalator accidents
· Medical malpractice
· Defective products
· Nursing home neglect or abuse
A graduate of George Washington University, Mr. Conley completed his Bachelor of Arts in political science in 1978. Thereafter, he earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Suffolk University Law School in Boston, Massachusetts, in 1982. While there, he functioned as the literary editor of Suffolk University Law Review. He was licensed to practice in all the state courts of Massachusetts the same year.
For Mr. Conley’s high professional and ethical standards, Martindale-Hubbell awarded him an AV Preeminent* peer review rating, its highest available rating. He was also named to the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” by The National Trial Lawyers and “Top 100 Attorneys in Massachusetts” by Boston Magazine. Furthermore, he was recognized by The Best Lawyers in America in 2015.
A fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, Mr. Conley maintains active memberships in several prestigious legal organizations such as the American Association for Justice, the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys (MATA) and the Massachusetts Bar Association (MBA) – Appellate Bench Bar Committee and Civil Litigation Section.
Genuinely concerned about his community, Mr. Conley volunteers his time and services in fundraising activities of The Foundation for Excellence in Education in Easton (FEEE). As a part of ENDD.org, he presented on distracted driving to create awareness among Massachusetts high school students and others. In addition to writing and lecturing for many legal organizations such as MATA and MBA, he also attends several seminars to keep abreast of the latest laws and trial techniques.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10%Insurance Coverage
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Insurance
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
- Top 100: 2022 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 New England Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2013 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
Certificates and Credentials
About J. Michael Conley
First Admitted: 1982, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://kenneyconley.com/Attorney/j-michael-conley/
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100
- Top Rated Lawyer in Personal Injury Law and a Top Rated Lawyer in Insurance Law, Recognized by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Attorneys in Massachusetts as published, Best Lawyers®
- Top 100 Attorneys in Massachusetts as published, Boston Magazine
- Top Attorneys of New England as published, New England Super Lawyers
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, Top 100
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
Pro bono/Community Service
- Attorney Conley is former chair of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys' Amicus Curiae Committee which prepares and files with the Supreme Judicial Court and the Appeals Court "friend of the court" briefs supporting victims' rights. Mr. Conley has been a volunteer coach in youth recreational and travel baseball and recreational and travel basketball. He is a past President of the Easton Babe Ruth League. Mr. Conley has provided pro bono legal services to various local non-profit organizations and has volunteered in many community activities in Easton. He is past Chair of The Foundation for Excellence in Education in Easton (F.E.E.E.), a non-profit organization that raises funds for the benefit of the students in the Easton Public Schools.
- PUBLICATIONS: 'Tis the Season: A snow-and-ice case primer, MATA Journal, December 2007Intentional acts exclusions to liability insurance coverage in personal injury claims, MATA Journal, October 2009Editor's Note on Non-delegable Duties in Construction Litigation, MATA Journal, February, 2007The ‘rescue doctrine’ in Massachusetts, MATA Journal, October 2009Homeowner's Insurance Coverage for Vehicle-related Injuries, MATA Journal, Spring, 2004; updated MCLE 2010‘Curry’ decision promotes third-party settlements, MATA Journal, February, 2012Editor’s Note: Updates on G.L.c.143, §51 and ‘Curry,’ MATA Journal, April, 2012Editor’s Note: Trial Guides point the way, MATA Journal, June 2009Valuation and Settlement of Bodily Injury Cases (Chapter of "Winning Through Settlement" co-authored with Peter M. McElroy, Esq.), MCLE, 2001The Demise of Thaler and the Search for Secondary Coverage, MBA, 1999Homeowner's Insurance and Motor Vehicle Accidents, MBA, 1999Recent Developments Affecting Auto Liability Insurance Coverage, MCLE, 2003-2011Representing Injured Public Safety Personnel - Massachusetts Police and Firefighter Injury Overview, MATA Journal, Fall 2008Insurance Coverage Litigation Issues from the Claimant's Perspective, MCLE 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010Puzzling footnote may have far-reaching consequences, MATA Journal, February, 2012Authors take “Rules” further down the road, MATA Journal, May 2011President’s Message: Diversity key to continued growth, MATA Journal, November 2013Afarian Brief offers comments on Statute of Repose, MATA Journal, Autumn 2007Editor’s Note: Keep your natural accumulation cases on ice, MATA Journal, February, 2010Other uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage issues of note, Prepared for Massachusetts Bar Institute Continuing Legal Education, 2000Editor’s Note: Salute the Pakistani lawyers ’heroic example, MATA Journal, Winter 2007Editor’s note: digital imagery evidence ,MATA Journal, February, 2009Editor’s Note: Long fight demonstrates commitment , MATA Journal, Spring 2007Editor’s Note: Keep your uninsured/underinsured arbitrations interest-ing, MATA Journal, November 2011Editor’s Note: AAJ membership invaluable to plaintiffs’ lawyers, MATA Journal, February 2012President’s Message: Taking the next step toward ending distracted driving , MATA Journal, February 2014President’s Message: Look for the MATA logo, February 2014Book review: ‘The Elements of Trial’ by Rick Friedman and Bill Cummings, MATA Journal, February 2014Calling interest rate ‘bonus’ is affront to victims, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly July 18, 2013SJC was right on with ‘Law’ ruling, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly Nov. 3, 2011Civil suits serve us all by bringing corporate giants to heel, Boston Globe May, 25, 2014Evidence of bias against black judges should prompt soul-searching, Boston Globe June 21, 2014
- American College of Trial Lawyers: Fellow, State Committee member; Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys: Past-President, ; Massachusetts Bar Association: Appellate Bench - Bar Committee; American Association for Justice: Section Memberships include Insurance, Products Liability, Motor Vehicle and Premises Liability, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome ("RSD") – Litigation Group
- B.A. George Washington University, 1978
- J.D. Suffolk University Law School, 1982
Last Updated: 5/15/2022