John D. Hislop, III
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Bridgewater, MA
John D. Hislop III is an experienced associate attorney at Keches Law Group who has an impressive depth of legal experience. In fact, before joining this law group, he was a founding partner at another law firm for 21 years. He now serves clients in Bridgewater, Massachusetts, and primarily represents claimants in matters related to Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), workers' compensation and alternative dispute resolution.
In 1976, Mr. Hislop earned his degree in economics and graduated magna cum laude from the University of Massachusetts. Three years later, he completed his law degree at the Suffolk University Law School. Since then, he has both practiced and taught law. He was an adjunct professor at Suffolk University Law School in Boston, where he taught a workers' compensation course from 1999 to 2011.
In 1999, Lawyers Weekly published a cover story on Mr. Hislop after a record win of $1.95 million in a workers' compensation case. Experts believe it was the biggest win in the history of Massachusetts at the time. Then, in 2003, Mr. Hislop received the MATA President’s Award in recognition of his service to the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys.
Outside of work, Mr. Hislop remains active in the legal field. He is a former chairman for the workers' compensation section at the Board of Governors. He has also written and published articles for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), which includes pieces on the workers' compensation system and employee benefits.
About John D. Hislop, III
First Admitted: 1979, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://kecheslaw.com/injury-attorneys/john-hislop/
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Member
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Workers’ Compensation Section, Chairman
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Board of Governors, Past Member
- Best Lawyers in America, Since 1995
- MATA Presidents Award, 2003
- Member, Super Lawyers
- Adjunct Professor, Workers’ Compensation, University Law School in Boston, 1999 - 2011
- University of Massachusetts in Amherst, Major: Economics, Honors: magna cum laude, 1976
Last Updated: 7/21/2022