Ilene B. Belinsky
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Brockton, MA
The founder the Law Offices of Ilene B Belinsky, P. C., Attorney Belinsky now focuses her practice largely on family law matters. Her prior legal experience has included estate planning and administration as well as civil litigation. With a primary office location in Brockton, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, she also maintains a satellite office in Canton, Norfolk County, Massachusetts. Atty. Belinsky has been admitted to practice in all Massachusetts state courts since 1980, and she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Atty. Belinsky represents clients throughout Plymouth, Bristol and Norfolk counties . She assists clients in negotiating a comprehensive settlement agreement that addresses such divorce-related issues as parenting plans, child and spousal support, and the division of complex marital assets and financial obligations but when and if negotiation fails and litigation has become necessary, she is an experienced and forceful courtroom advocate.
Other family law matters that Atty. Belinsky has handled includes the preparation and review of prenuptial and post-marital agreements, changes to existing court orders and enforcement orders. She has guided clients who are seeking to grow their families through the process of adoption. Held in high regard by her colleagues for the manner in which she addresses what are often sensitive and emotional matters, she has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and an “Excellent” peer review rating through Avvo. Ms. Belinsky is a cum laude graduate of New England Law | Boston and a member of several professional organizations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2022
About Ilene B. Belinsky
First Admitted: 1980, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.belinskylaw.com/our-firm-2/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Plymouth County Bar Ass'n Conciliation Program; District Court Conciliation Project; Massachusetts Bar Foundation grant review participant; Massachusetts Bar Ass'n Mock Trial Competition
- ARC Certification (Attorneys representing children)
- Probate & Family Court certified conciliator
- MBA Community Service Award 2013
- AV “Preeminent” attorney by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Simmons College/Simmons University, Boston, MA Bachelor of Arts degree -Government and Finance, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 1981
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 1981
- Plymouth County Bar Ass'n , 1980
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1980
- Mass. Bar Ass'n, 1980
- Norfolk County Bar Ass'n, 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022