David J. Grimaldi
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Cambridge, MA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2016 - 2017
- Free Consultation
Attorney David J. Grimaldi provides outstanding criminal defense representation to clients in Greater Boston. Recognized by Super Lawyers and Boston Magazine as a top lawyer in his field, Attorney Grimaldi represents clients in the following types of matters:
* Federal offenses
* White Collar crime
* Sexual offenses
* Drug charges
* Firearm offenses
* Violent crimes
* Domestic offenses and Restraining Orders
* DUI / OUI / DWI (Drunk driving)
* Title IX and College and University Discipline
Attorney Grimaldi has won numerous "not guilty" verdicts at trial, including acquittals for armed robbery, armed assault with intent to murder, armed assault in a dwelling, assault and battery, assault and battery on a police officer, assault with a dangerous weapon, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (ABDW), aggravated ABDW, assault with intent to rape, assault with intent to rape a child, attempted murder, carrying a loaded firearm, conspiracy to distribute narcotics, disseminating harmful matter to a minor, home invasion, indecent assault and battery on a child, malicious destruction of property, mayhem, motor vehicle homicide, murder, operating under the influence of intoxicating liquor (OUI), possession of a firearm without a license, possession of ammunition without an FID card, procurement of naturalization contrary to law, rape, rape of a child, unarmed robbery, witness intimidation, and other charges.
Attorney Grimaldi has successfully moved to dismiss many charges for his clients, including drug trafficking charges, computer crimes, sexual offenses, motor vehicle offenses, and violent offenses.
Attorney Grimaldi has also won many motions to suppress evidence, including motions to suppress cocaine, heroin, marijuana, firearms, ammunition, cell phone evidence, and computer evidence. He has also won motions to suppress his client's statements to the police and motions to suppress witness identifications.
In a landmark ruling, Attorney Grimaldi was the first lawyer in the history of Massachusetts to win judicial immunity for defense witnesses in a criminal case.
Attorney Grimaldi's commitment to his clients and success in the courtroom has earned him the respect and admiration of the legal community.
- 70%Criminal Defense
- 20%Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 10%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal, DUI/DWI
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2017
About David J. Grimaldi
First Admitted: 2007, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://attorneygrimaldi.com/david-j-grimaldi-attorney/
- Commonwealth v. S.P. Case description: The Commonwealth charged Attorney Grimaldi's client with intentionally hitting another person with a car in an act of road rage. At trial, Attorney Grimaldi proved that the Commonwealth's witnesses were unreliable. Result: Not Guilty
- Commonwealth v. M.R. Case Description: The Commonwealth alleged that Attorney Grimaldi's client stabbed one person, robbed two people, and physically assaulted three people during the course of an evening. Attorney Grimaldi aggressively challenged the credibility of all the Commonwealth's witnesses at trial. Result: Not guilty.
- Commonwealth v. C.O. Case Description: The Commonwealth alleged that Attorney Grimaldi's client raped a teenager and intimidated a witness. Attorney Grimaldi aggressively challenged the prosecution's evidence at trial. Result: Not Guilty
- Commonwealth v. R.D. Case Description: The Commonwealth alleged that Attorney Grimaldi's client assaulted an individual with a loaded, unlicensed firearm. At trial, Attorney Grimaldi demonstrated that the alleged victim falsely accused his client. Result: Not Guilty
- Commonwealth v. G.A. Case Description: The Commonwealth alleged that the client committed domestic assault and battery on his former girlfriend. At trial, Attorney Grimaldi showed that the alleged victim had falsely accused his client out of jealousy. Result: Not guilty
- The Art of Cross-Examination, CPCS Training
- Effective Opening Statements at Trial, CPCS Training
- Challenging Police Searches of Cell Phones & Cellular Site Location Information (CSLI), Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE)
- Mock Trial Competition Finalist, Boston College Law School, 2007
- National Mock Trial Team Member, Boston College Law School
- Outstanding Promise of Professional Achievement, Boston College Law School
- Selected as a “Rising Star” in criminal defense by Super Lawyers magazine
- National Criminal Defense College - Trial Practice Institute, 2013
- Clark University, Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, 2001
- London School of Economics - Yearlong Study Abroad Program, 1999
- Board Member, Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (MACDL), 2021
- National Criminal Defense College (NCDC) Trial Practice Institute, 2013
- Criminal Justice Act panel of federal defense lawyers, Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association
Last Updated: 6/23/2022