Jennifer Sevigney Durand
Top rated Family Law attorney in Canton, MassachusettsDurand Family Law
Practice Areas: Family Law
Licensed in Massachusetts since: 1999
Education: Northeastern University School of Law
Durand Family Law789 Washington St
Canton, MA 02021 Phone: 781-562-1408 Email: Jennifer Sevigney Durand Visit website
Jennifer Sevigney Durand is a family law attorney in Canton, Massachusetts, and the founder of Durand Family Law. Ms. Durand has experience with many types of family law cases, including those involving divorce, child support and custody. She has over 20 years of legal experience and serves clients in Canton and Boston, Massachusetts.
Ms. Sevigney Durand is highly experienced with both litigation, mediation, and conciliation. Over the course of her career, she has helped Massachusetts residents facing difficult and complex family law situations.
As a leader in her legal community, Ms. Sevigney Durand is the director of legal training for the Child & Family Forensic Evaluation Service at William James College. She previously served in various leadership roles for the Boston Bar Association and sat on the Massachusetts Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts’ board of directors.
Continuing to be an active member of her legal community, Ms. Sevigney Durand belongs to the Boston Bar Association and the Greater Boston Family Law American Inn of Court. She is a mentor for the Women’s Bar Foundation’s Family Law Project for Domestic Abuse Survivors and volunteers with many legal organizations.
In recognition of her achievements, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Ms. Sevigney Durand an AV Preeminent* peer review rating. This is the highest available rating, given to attorneys demonstrating high legal ability and ethical standards.
After graduating magna cum laude from Providence College with a bachelor’s degree, Ms. Sevigney Durand earned her law degree from Northeastern University School of Law. Earlier in her legal career, she clerked for the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court and practiced at a private firm as a partner.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
First Admitted: 1999, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://durandfamilylaw.com/about
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Boston Bar Association Council from September 2016 to August 2018
- Member of the Greater Boston Family Law American Inn of Court
- Member of the Massachusetts Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts since April 2008, Served on the Board of Directors from April 2009 to March 2014 first as Secretary then as President
- Member of the Boston Bar Association Public Service Oversight Committee from September 2014 to August 2017, Co-Chair September 2015 to August 2017
- Member of the Boston Bar Association Family Law Section Steering Committee since September 2006, Co-Chair from September 2012 to September 2014
- Member of the Boston Bar Association Council from September 2015 to August 2018
- Volunteer for the Norfolk County Lawyer for the Day Program. Volunteer for the SERV Program in Suffolk County. Volunteer for the Middlesex County Bar Association Conciliation Program. Mentor for the Women's Bar Association Family Law Project.
- Mentor for the Women’s Bar Foundation’s Family Law Project
- Volunteer with the Judge Jeffery Abber “We Can Settle” Conciliation Initiative
- Volunteer with the Middlesex County Bar Association Conciliation Program.
- Volunteer with the Bar Association of Norfolk County Conciliation Program.
- Providence College, Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, 1996
- Co-Author of the Separation Agreement chapter of the Massachusetts Divorce Law Practice Manual, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education.
- Faculty participate in an interactive workshop that teaches participants how to take depositions. , Faculty Workshop Participant, Taking Depositions Interactive Workshop 2022, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), 2022
- Faculty participant in an interactive workshop in which experienced attorneys and those with little or no experience in handling depositions learn how to prepare for, take, and defend depositions remotely. Attendees play the role of counsel in mock exercises that require them to use advanced Zoom features in small groups followed by immediate feedback and critique from faculty participants., Faculty Workshop Participant, Taking Remote Depositions Interactive Workshop, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), 2021
- Faculty participant in an interactive workshop in which experienced attorneys and those with little or no experience in handling depositions learn how to prepare for, take, and defend depositions remotely. Attendees play the role of counsel in mock exercises that require them to use advanced Zoom features in small groups followed by immediate feedback and critique from faculty participants., Faculty Workshop Participant, Taking Remote Depositions Interactive Workshop, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), 2020
- Panelist on a program discussing the different types of trusts seen in family law practice with an emphasis on practical considerations, such as how to approach disclosure on a financial statement, what to seek in discovery, and how and when to seek valuation of trusts for purposes of property division., Panelist, Considerations and Consequences of Trusts in a Divorce, Boston Bar Association, 2021
- The course included a presentation on DCF involvement in family law cases, legal background and practice tips for the family law practitioner in working with DCF on behalf of clients; an overview of how the agency functions, the intersections between DCF cases and GAL investigation and a case law update., Panelist, When DCF Steps Into Your Case, MCLE, Family Law, 2020
- I am a certified Mediator. I am also a certified Conciliator. , 2021
- Recognized as a Top Lawyer in Divorce and Family Law, Boston Magazine, 2021
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer since 2015
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2012