Susan A. Atlas
Top rated Estate Planning & Probate attorney in Chelmsford, MassachusettsSusan A. Atlas, Esq., LL.M
As an attorney with Susan Atlas Law, Susan A. Atlas represents clients in matters of estate planning and probate. Her clients are from Middlesex, Essex and Suffolk counties in Massachusetts. With over 25 years of experience, she helps individuals with the following estate planning matters: business succession planning, wealth preservation, estate administration, premarital agreements, guardianships, asset protection, trust administration, wills and trusts. She is admitted to practice in New Hampshire, Florida and Massachusetts.
Ms. Atlas attended Boston University for her undergraduate degree, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts. At Suffolk University Law School, she obtained her Juris Doctor before attending Boston University School of Law, where she earned her Master of Laws. Boston Magazine included her into its list of Top Women Attorneys in Massachusetts list, and for her high ethical standards and long list of successful results, she holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
A talented, engaging speaker, Ms. Atlas is an adjunct professor for Suffolk University Law school and Boston University School of Law’s Graduate Tax Program, and Chair of the Paralegal and Legal Studies Department for Bunker Hill Community College.
With an intricate understanding of how tax law can play into estate planning, Ms. Atlas is knowledgeable about the best ways to help clients secure their assets and prepare their estate for their families. Although she has the experience of working in a big firm, she provides personalized representation to her clients, so they receive the benefits of a smaller firm when they opt to work with her.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate Planning & Probate, Business/Corporate
Business Formation and Planning, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts
- 90% Estate Planning & Probate
- 10% Business/Corporate
First Admitted: 1992, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.susanatlaslaw.com/attorney/atlas-susan-a/
- Boston University Law School, Graduate Tax Program, Adjunct Professor
- Suffolk University Law School, Adjunct Professor
- Bunker Hill Community College, Tenured Professor, Chair of the Paralegal and Legal Studies Department
- Super Lawyer, 2019
- Top Women Attorneys In Massachusetts in Boston Magazine, April 2020
- Martindale Hubbell as an AV Preeminent Attorney
- Suffolk University, J.D., 1992
- Boston University, Boston, MA, B.A., 1989
- Boston University Law School Graduate Tax Program- LL.M. in Taxation, 1995
- Accredited Estate Planner® (AEP®), 2021
- Maine Bar, 2022
- New Hampshire Bar, 2000
- Massachusetts Bar, 1992
- Florida Bar, 1992
Office location for Susan A. Atlas
121 Brick Kiln Road
Chelmsford, MA 01824
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023