Geraldine P. McEvoy
Top rated family law attorney in Concord, MassachusettsMcEvoy & Stuntz LLP
Practice Areas: Family law; view more
Licensed in Massachusetts since: 1999
Education: Suffolk University Law School
McEvoy & Stuntz LLP1732 Main St
Concord, MA 01742 Visit website
Attorney Geraldine P. McEvoy is a founding partner of the McEvoy & Stuntz law firm in Concord, Massachusetts. Serving individuals and families throughout North Boston and the North Shore, and other affluent communities in the Greater Boston metro area, Ms. McEvoy devotes her practice primarily to family law. She has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of those who are going through a divorce or have some other serious family law matter they need to address.
Certified as a mediator, guardian ad litem, discovery master, special master and conciliator, Ms. McEvoy is a highly versatile attorney who always has her clients' rights and best interests at heart, including those of their children. A compassionate and caring attorney, she has earned a reputation for being able to guide her clients through the divorce process while fully explaining their options, de-escalating any contention and soothing any animosity between the parties.
Always focused on the bigger picture, Ms. McEvoy prefers to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach agreements in the most amicable and efficient manner possible. However, as a tenacious and seasoned trial attorney, she will not hesitate to take her clients' matters to court when necessary to ensure their best chances of achieving the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve.
Whether inside or outside the courtroom, Ms. McEvoy provides practical, fair and creative solutions to help her clients find closure and move on in their lives. Through her experience, she has discovered that logic and rationality play a far more effective role at resolving family law conflicts than emotions and hostility. Because of this, she always tries to do whatever she can to help defuse situations and work toward an acceptable middle ground.
Recognized for her impeccable professionalism and commitment to those she serves, Ms. McEvoy has earned numerous accolades from her peers along with glowing reviews and testimonials from her many satisfied clients. A leader in her field, she helped establish the Attorneys Representing Children (ARC) program of the Middlesex County Probate & Family Court, and she is an active member of the Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers, the Boston Bar Association, the Middlesex County Bar Association and the Massachusetts Bar Association, among her other professional affiliations.
A summa cum laude graduate of Our Lady of the Elms, Ms. McEvoy obtained her Juris Doctor from Suffolk University Law School, and she has practiced law in Massachusetts since 1999.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Domestic violence, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1999, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.mcevoystuntz.com/attorney/mcevoy-geraldine-p/
- Middlesex Bar Association
- United States Supreme Court
- Massachusetts Bar
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers, Massachusetts Association of Guardians Ad Litem, and the Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation.
- Boston Bar Association.
- I am a co-founder of the ARC Program (Attorney's Representing Children); a volunteer conciliator for the Middlesex County Bar Association; a member of the Greater Boston Family Law Inn of Court; a member of Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers.
- Founding member of the Attorneys Representing Children (ARC) Program in the Middlesex County Probate & Family Court.
- I have represented several clients pro bono and regularly serve as a volunteer conciliator for the Middlesex County Bar Association. I am a co-founder of the Middlesex County ARC Program (Attorneys Representing Children) and have represented several clients through that program. I have also conducted numerous "state pay" Guardian ad Litem investigations and have served as the Lawyer for the Day for both Middlesex and Norfolk Counties.
- JD degree from Suffolk University Law School.
- Our Lady of the Elms in Chicopee, Massachusetts, BA degree in paralegal studies and graduated Summa Cum Laude.
- I have obtained my Certificate in Child & Family Forensics from William James College.
- certified mediator
Office location for Geraldine P. McEvoy
1732 Main St
Concord, MA 01742
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022