Karen W. Stuntz
Top rated family law attorney in Concord, MassachusettsMcEvoy & Stuntz LLP
Karen W. Stuntz is a founding partner at McEvoy & Stuntz LLP in Concord, Massachusetts. She represents clients with family law matters, with a special focus on complex custody disputes and high-asset property division.
With a genuine concern for her clients, Ms. Stuntz is a compassionate and empathetic attorney. She fights aggressively for the rights of her clients and handles every case with the sensitivity it deserves. She understands the impact that family law matters can have on an individual and has an unwavering commitment to their needs.
Ms. Stuntz has a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from the Union College, graduating with departmental honors, and she also served as world news editor for the Concordiensis Newspaper. She obtained her Juris Doctor from the Suffolk University Law School.
Ms. Stuntz is admitted to practice in the state of Massachusetts and before the Supreme Court of the United States and the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts. Enthusiastically engaged in the legal field, Ms. Stuntz is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, the Middlesex County Bar Association and the Massachusetts Association of Guardian ad Litem, Inc.
Actively involved with helping her community, Ms. Stuntz is the founding member of the Attorneys Representing Children (ARC) program and is a volunteer member at the Middlesex Probate and Family Court Conciliation Program and the Volunteer Conciliation Program in Middlesex County.
Having written extensively, Ms. Stuntz has co-authored an article for the Massachusetts Law Review named "The Role of Child Counsel in the Attorneys Representing Children Programs in the Probate and Family Courts." Ms. Stuntz has also lectured at several continuing legal education platforms.
For her noteworthy legal accomplishments, Ms. Stuntz was the recipient of the 2015 Premier 100 Designation Award by the American Academy of Trial Attorneys. Additionally, she has a “Very Good” rating on Avvo.
Practice areasFamily law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2003, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.mcevoystuntz.com/attorney/stuntz-karen-w/
- Selected to SuperLawyers, 2012-2015, Rising Star
- Selected to SuperLawyers, 2019
- 2015 Premier 100 Designation Award, AATA (American Academy of Trial Attorneys)
- Co-Author "The Role of Child Counsel in the Attorneys Representing Children Programs in the Probate and Family Courts", 95 Massachusetts Law Review 223 (2013)
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts, 2003, U.S. Supreme Court, 2013, U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 2019
- Massachusetts Association of Guardian ad Litems, Member
- Middlesex County Bar Association, Member
- Co-Founder of ARC Program- Middlesex County; Represented an indigent client in a 13 day sexual abuse modification trial
- Category F GAL
- Union College, 1998
Office location for Karen W. Stuntz
1732 Main St
Concord, MA 01742
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2015