Suzanne R. Sayward
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Dedham, MA
A partner at Samuel, Sayward & Baler LLP, Suzanne R. Sayward focuses her practice on elder law and estate planning and administration. From the firm's office in Dedham, she provides representation to clients in the greater Boston metropolitan area and throughout Massachusetts. Ms. Sayward has been admitted to practice in Massachusetts since 1985.
In her estate planning practice, Ms. Sayward regularly prepares and reviews wills, a variety of trusts, health care and financial powers of attorney, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act authorizations, and advance medical directives. Her experience also includes estate and gift tax planning, lifetime gifting, and business succession plans. Ms. Sayward's elder law practice has encompassed long-term care planning, Medicaid eligibility and asset protection. Ms. Sayward also has a probate and trust administration background, and she has worked on these types of matters with executors, personal representatives, and trustees regarding their duties, including overseeing the distribution of the decedent's assets. The quality of her work in all of these endeavors has earned her the respect of her fellow professionals, including a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
Ms. Sayward majored in English at Boston University, and in 1981, she received a Bachelor of Arts cum laude. She then went on to attend Suffolk University Law School, and she was a member of the Suffolk University Law Review before being awarded her Juris Doctor cum laude in 1984. Certified as an elder law attorney by the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Ms. Sayward is a member of the Massachusetts chapter of that organization, as well as the Norfolk & Plymouth Estate and Business Planning Council, the Bar Association of Norfolk County, and the Massachusetts Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
- 70%Estate Planning & Probate
- 30%Elder Law
Estate Planning, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Suzanne R. Sayward
First Admitted: 1985, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://ssbllc.com/attorney-profiles/suzanne-r-sayward/
- Suffolk University Law Review, Published Member
- President , Massachusetts Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc., 2013
- Member of the Board of Directors, Massachusetts Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
- President, Massachusetts Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 2009
- Board of Directors, Massachusetts Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Norfolk-Plymouth Estate Planning Council
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Massachusetts Chapter, Member
- Bar Association of Norfolk County
- Massachusetts, 1985
- Named as the Outstanding Chapter Member of the Massachusetts Chapter, 2008
- Named as the Most Valuable Member of the Massachusetts Chapter, 2011
- Named to Boston Magazine’s annual list of “Massachusetts Super Lawyers” for the years, 2010-2016
- Boston University, Boston, MA, Honors: Cum Laude, B.A., 1981
- Certified as an Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation, a private organization whose standards for certification are not regulated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Last Updated: 5/15/2022