Bruce S. Lipsey
Top rated Workers' Compensation attorney in Hanover, MassachusettsLaw Offices of Lipsey & Clifford P.C.
Bruce S. Lipsey is an attorney at the Law Offices of Lipsey & Clifford, P.C., in Hanover, Massachusetts. Attorney Lipsey dedicates his practice to disability law and represents clients throughout the state of Massachusetts in matters involving social security disability, workers’ compensation issues and more.
Attorney Lipsey received a bachelor’s degree from Brown University, where he graduated with honors. He then earned his law degree from Suffolk Law School. While attending law school, he received honors in both brief writing and oral advocacy. After completing his legal education, he gained valuable legal experience by clerking for a judge.
Throughout his career, attorney Lipsey has represented many disabled individuals in various courts as well as before the Department of Industrial Accidents and the U.S. Social Security Administration. He shares his knowledge in these areas of law by lecturing at continuing education seminars, including appearing as the keynote speaker on the topic of Social Security Disability for the National Business Institute.
In addition to sharing his legal knowledge through lectures and educational appearances, attorney Lipsey has also appeared on various media outlets. He has been featured as a commentator on workers’ compensation topics on WNTN, a Boston-area radio station, and has also participated as consultant on social security topics for WBZ-TV news. Recently, he was interviewed by WBUR for a focus story on COVID in the workplace.
Attorney Lipsey is actively involved in numerous professional organizations, including the Bar Association of Norfolk County and the Plymouth County Bar Association. He is also a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and belongs to the organization’s workers’ compensation sub-committee. Other roles he serves in include Brown University’s area chair for alumni interviewing and participating as a member of his local bench-bar committee.
Practice areasWorkers' Compensation: Claimant, Social Security Disability
- 50% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 50% Social Security Disability
First Admitted: 1993, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://www.elclaw.com/attorneys/bruce-s-lipsey/
- WBZ TV news
- WNTN as a commentator on workers' compensation
- Member, Plymouth County Bar Association
- Standing member, Bench/ Bar committee
- Former Chairman, Massachusetts Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Committee, 2001
- Member, Mass Bar Association, workers' compensation sub-committee
- Member, Norfolk County Bar Association
- Member, Federal bar
- Frequent guest instructor, MCLE (Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education) on workers’ compensation issues
- "Handling a Social Security Disability Case", Guest Lecturer, National Business Institute, 2013
- How to Win at Conference in a Workers' Compensation Case, Lecturer, MCLE, 2012
- Keynote speaker, National Business Institute regarding social security disability advocacy
- Brown University, AB, Ethics and Political Philosophy, with Honors, 1988
- Volunteer, Human Rights Committee, New England Villages, 2012
- Former Jewish Big Brother
- Area Chair, Brown University alumni interviewing
Office location for Bruce S. Lipsey
1165 Washington Street, Suite 2
Hanover, MA 02339-1615
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023