J. Christopher Amrhein
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Hingham, MA
J. Christopher Amrhein is a highly experienced attorney in Hingham, Massachusetts. Through his law office, J. Christopher Amrhein, Attorney at Law, he works in a variety of legal practice areas, including personal injury, workers’ compensation, criminal defense, estate planning, family law and general litigation. He represents clients throughout the Boston metropolitan area.
In his personal injury and workers’ compensation practice, Mr. Amrhein has represented the injured and their families in cases involving such issues as catastrophic injury, motor vehicle accidents, pedestrian and bicycle accidents, elevator accidents, construction site accidents, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury and wrongful death. He has also represented victims of sexual abuse. In his criminal defense practice, he defends the rights of people accused of drunk driving offenses, drug crimes, theft, assault and other crimes.
Over the years, Mr. Amrhein has helped clients to recover significant sums through verdicts and settlements. In one landmark case he helped clients recover $3.75 million from a bar that had negligently served alcohol, leading to a fatal accident. In another case, he recovered $11 million in a settlement for a client who was injured in a scaffolding accident.
After receiving his law degree from Suffolk University Law School, Mr. Amrhein earned a Master of Law degree, or L.L.M., in taxation from Boston University School of law. He has been a licensed attorney since 1974 and is qualified to practice before all Massachusetts state courts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit. He is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, and has served as the president of the Plymouth County Bar Association. He also participates in the American Association for Justice and the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Criminal Defense
- 10%Family Law
- 10%General Litigation
- 10%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Criminal Law, Criminal Domestic Violence, Adoption, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Litigation
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
About J. Christopher Amrhein
First Admitted: 1974, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://www.amrheinlaw.com/about.html
- Landmark Case Attorney Amrhein was trial and appellate counsel in the Landmark case, Ledger v. Smitty’s Pub. In this case, Plaintiff was a patron in a bar. He died as a result of serious injuries he sustained when he entered an area through a door clearly marked “Employees Only”. Attorney Amrhein defeated Defendant’s attempt to use the traditional “Trespass Defense”. Attorney Amrhein obtained a substantial jury verdict on behalf of the family. The defendant appealed and Attorney Amrhein successfully argued the case before the Massachusetts Appeals Court which established new law in Massachusetts, which new law will be used in the future to benefit persons who are injured in similar circumstances.
- Slip and Fall Attorney Amrhein’s client tripped and fell at a nationally known supermarket. Defendant denied that it was negligent and claimed that it was not a tripping hazard. Attorney Amrhein filed litigation, took multiple depositions, and got Defendant’s safety expert to admit that the area where his client fell was a tripping hazard. Attorney Amrhein obtained a $700,000.00 dollar settlement for his client.
- Construction Site Accident In 2019 Attorney Amrhein and his co-counsel obtained an $11 million dollar settlement for a client who was seriously injured when he fell off a scaffold. Attorney Amrhein aggressively fought Defendant’s claims that the scaffold had been properly constructed. He retained experts and relentlessly investigated the facts and proved the scaffolding was negligently constructed resulting in obtaining a settlement for his client.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Joint Bar Committee on Judicial Appointments, Past Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Plymouth County Bar Association, Past President
- College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA, A.B., 1971
Last Updated: 5/15/2022