Bruce A. Bierhans
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Hyannis, MA
- Free Consultation
Attorney Bruce A. Bierhans is the founder and managing partner of Bruce A. Bierhans, LLC, in Hyannis, Massachusetts. Nationally recognized as one of the leading trial attorneys in the country, Mr. Bierhans has more than 40 years of successful legal experience, and he provides invaluable advocacy and support to a diverse range of clients throughout the Cape Cod region and surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, defective products, medical malpractice and other preventable tragedies
- Family law and divorce
- Criminal defense
- Business law and commercial litigation
- Estate planning and probate
- Elder abuse and Nursing Home Litigation
- Real estate law
- Finance, securities and employment law
Throughout the course of his legal career, Mr. Bierhans has gained a reputation as a highly skilled attorney who often takes on the tough cases other attorneys turn down. He has also become known as a staunch advocate for those who otherwise would have no legal recourse for their serious and pressing legal issues, and he delivers personalized attention to every case he handles to ensure his clients receive the dedicated support and personalized attention they deserve.
As a result, many of Mr. Bierhans' clients have remained with him for years, and he finds great reward in being able to help his clients face their legal challenges head-on and improve the likelihood of achieving the positive results they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. In recognition for his impeccable professionalism and superior client service, he has earned an AV-Preeminent peer-review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell for 25 consecutive years and many other top rankings from his peers along with numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1978 graduate of the University of Massachusetts, Mr. Bierhans obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude from Suffolk University Law School in 1982. He is admitted to practice before all Massachusetts state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
A leader in his legal community, Mr. Bierhans currently serves as regional governor of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys supporting Cape Cod and the Islands, and he is a past member of the organization's board of governors. He has also served as chairman for the Committee on Joint and Several Liability and chairman of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America's Computer Vendor Liability Litigation Group.
Mr. Bierhans also supports his local community through his involvement with various civic, artistic and charitable organizations, including as board member of the Wellfleet Preservation Hall and President of community radio station WOMR as well as Chairman of the Cape Wellness Collaborative. He is also the past president of both the Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theater and Outer Cape Health Services, where he has also served as chairman.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Business Litigation
- 10%Criminal Defense
- 10%Family Law
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Non-Compete Agreements, Alimony & Spousal Support, Divorce, Mediation & Collaborative Law
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Handling Chronic Pain Cases (1994) - Trial practice course for testifying physicians, Palm Beach, Cal.
- MedLegal Issues and the Chronic Pain Patient (1994) - Trial Practice Course for Testifying Physicians, Orlando, Florida
- Gun Litigation: Next Wave in Products Liability Litigation (1997) - Gun Litigation Primer
About Bruce A. Bierhans
First Admitted: 1982, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.bierlaw.com/bruce-bierhans
Pro bono/Community Service
- President, Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theater
- Past President and Chair, Outer Cape Health Services, Inc; Board member, Wellfleet Preservation Hall; Past President, Payomet Center for the Performing Arts; Past Chairman, Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theater (WHAT); Former Town Moderator, Wellfleet, Massachusetts
- President, Payomet Performing Arts Center
- Chairman, Cape Wellness Collaborative
- Board of WOMR
- Multiple Settlements and Verdicts in all areas of Personal Injury and Business Law; Multiple Verdicts and Settlements in Financial Services area and cases involving elders scammed by financial schemes; Successful Verdicts and Settlements in Probate Litigation
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys; Former Member, Board of Governors Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Regional Governor, Cape Cod & the Islands, 1982 to Present
- AV Rating Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell for over 20 years, 1996
- Super Lawyer
- Listing in Register, Bar register of Preeminent Lawyers, Martindale, 1999
- A "how to" on representing commercial and institutional users that purchased faulty computer software, A Primer on Representing Users in Software Litigation, ABA Computer Litigation Journal, 1994
- A "debate" with a representative of a software trade group regarding the problems related to faulty computer software, Faulty Software, Problem or Puffery, ComputerWorld Magazine, 1994
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Tried first of kind medical negligence case involving haemophilia/AIDS related death associated with HIV infected clotting concentrate. Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly wrote cover story about the trial, 2001
Last Updated: 5/17/2022