Scott D. Goldberg
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Lexington, MassachusettsThe Goldberg Law Firm
Attorney Scott D. Goldberg is dedicated to making our communities safer by representing personal injury victims and holding individuals and companies accountable for injuries caused by their fault. Attorney Goldberg is not your typical personal injury lawyer; he believes that when you suffer an injury due to someone else’s fault, you deserve more than just an experienced attorney - you deserve an attorney who understands what you are feeling and going through. Attorney Goldberg and his law firm provide personal attention for his clients by answering their questions and guiding them through the process step-by-step. Additionally, he is available to everyone for free consultations on issues of personal injury law and for potential cases.
Mr. Goldberg graduated from Rutgers University in New Jersey in 1984 and then earned his law degree from Suffolk University Law School in Boston in 1987. Most recently, Attorney Goldberg trained in the Edge (formerly the "Reptile") strategy and techniques of litigation, case preparation, negotiation, and jury trials. He graduated the Keenan Trial Institute (formally the Keenan Ball Trial College), and subsequently earned a Maters Certificate - he is only the 3rd attorney in Massachusetts to complete both.
For over 30 years Attorney Goldberg has represented people injured in: car crashes including distracted driving; pedestrian and bicycle strikes; motorcycle and truck collisions; dog bites and attacks; slip and falls due to unsafe premises such as flooring and stairways; and injuries from defective products. Mr. Goldberg has represented clients who suffered severe and life-changing injuries including: concussions and other head traumas, disc and spinal injuries, muscle, ligament and nerve damage; fractures; chronic pain; scarring; depression, anxiety, emotional distress and post-traumatic stress disorder. Attorney Goldberg has helped clients recover lost wages and for the financial losses from the ability to work, medical expenses, compensation for pain and suffering, and for the interference of their chosen activities.
In addition, since 1990, Attorney Goldberg has represented police officers who have been injured on-duty and off, as well as their families. He represents many members of the Boston Police Department, the Boston Police Patrolmen's Association, MassCop, and police officers from numerous cities and towns. Attorney Goldberg has successfully obtained compensation for them including lost wages, detail, and overtime pay, in addition to pain and suffering.
Attorney Goldberg is also prominent in the legal community. Mr. Goldberg currently serving on the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorney's (MATA) Board of Governors and Executive Committee; he is MATA's Chair of Fundraising and a Trustee of MATA's Lawyers for Action PAC. Attorney Goldberg has previously served as the Chair of the Massachusetts Bar Association's (MBA) Sole Practitioner & Small Firm Section, two years on the MBA's Law Practice Management Section Counsel, and was a founding member of the MBA's Dispute Resolution Section. Attorney Goldberg is also a member of the American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America).
In addition to being selected as a Massachusetts' Super Lawyer in personal injury law for the lasttenconsecutive years, Attorney Goldberg has consistently earned an Avvo rating of "Superb," its highest rating, and has received the Client's Choice Award every year. Reviews by his clients can be read through www.avvo.com. In 2022, Attorney Goldberg received the MATA President's Award.
Additional Office Location:
52 Temple Place, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02111
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1988, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://www.goldberglawfirm.net/attorney/scott-d-goldberg-esq...
- 4 time recipient of President's Award from the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys (MATA) during past 10 years for his dedication and contributions to the organization, which fights for consumer and injury victims' rights., Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys President's Award, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Annual Award Recipiant, Client's Choice Award, Avvo
- Annual Award Recipiant, Ranked “Superb”, 10 of 10, AVVO
- Massachusetts Bar Association (MBA) - Past council member of the Law Practice Management Section, Past Chair of The Sole Practitioner & Small Firm Section, and 2017 founding counsel member of the Dispute Resolution section, and a prior voting member of the House of Delegates.
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys (MATA) - Board of Governors, Executive Committee, Chair of Fundraising and Trustee of Lawyers for Action PAC.
- American Association For Justice (AAJ) formerly The Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA) - Member
- Black Belt and former Sensei in Kempo Karate, and 1st Degree Black Belt in Ed Parker's Kenpo Karate.
- Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ , 1984
- Keenan Trial Institute - graduate Masters Program, 2019
- Keenan Trial Institute (formally the Keenan Ball Trial College) - Masters Certificate, 2019
- Raised several thousand dollars for the American Cancer Society, 2023
- Prior Sponsor of Lexington Youth Baseball League
- Past volunteer photographer and Logistics Coorindator for the Lexington Youth Summer Theatre (LYST).
Office location for Scott D. Goldberg
76 Bedford St
Lexington, MA 02420
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023