David J. Volkin
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Mansfield, MA
David J. Volkin is a Boston, Massachusetts, based attorney with over 23 years of experience. The founder of the Law Offices of David J Volkin, Mr. Volkin works with matters involving commercial litigation, employment law, environmental law, real estate litigation and tort negligence, serving clients throughout the Boston area.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Volkin served in the U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corps in California and Japan. Following this service, he was an active member of the Navy Reserve until 2015.
Over the course of his career as a private attorney, Mr. Volkin has represented individuals, banks, small businesses and large corporations in a variety of complex civil litigation matters. He has been involved in many significant cases and authored an article for the American Bar Association’s Journal of Trial Evidence. Prior to founding his own practice, he worked for a regional Boston based firm defending clients in civil litigation.
Outside of managing his law practice, Mr. Volkin enjoys staying involved in his legal community. He is an active member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
Mr. Volkin graduated cum laude from Syracuse University with a bachelor’s degree. He earned his law degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law. He holds a license to practice law before all Massachusetts state courts, and is also qualified to appear before the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit.
About David J. Volkin
First Admitted: 1996, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://volkinlaw.com/attorney-info
- American Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Armed Forces
- U.S. District Court, Dist. of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Bar Association, 2002
- Mass Bar Association- Section Counsel Member- Small and Solo Law Practice Management Committee, 2019
- Syracuse University, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 1992
- Article detailing tips and tactics on the treatment of corporate financials from the discovery stage through trial, Author, Challenging Financial Records at Trial, American Bar Association Journal of Trial Evidence, Winter 2009, 2009
- Panelist seminar discussing the interplay of existing law with new Federal and State laws and regulations concerning employees during the Covid emergency., Panelist, Covid Issues for Employees, Legal, 2020
- Panelist discussing Governor Baker's orders and their impact in opening offices in Massachusetts. , Panelist, Legal Issues in Opening Your Office Phase II/Phase III Covid, Legal, 2020
- Mass Bar Association publication for lawyers demonstrating tactics and potential pitfalls. , Contributor, Traps for the Unwary, Legal, 2020
- Detailing methods in which small firms and solo practitioners can use technology to efficiently handle large document discovery and e-discovery on behalf of clients, Author, Small Firms and Solo Practitioners can Handle Large Documents and E-Discovery, Massachusetts Bar Association Law Journal May/June 2020, 2020
Pro bono/Community Service
- Vice Chair- Richards Memorial Library Board of Trustees, 2020
Last Updated: 5/15/2022