Chris A. Milne
Top rated Estate Planning & Probate attorney in Medfield, MassachusettsMilne Law, P.C.
After spending many years as a personal injury and wrongful death litigation attorney, Chris A. Milne now focuses his practice exclusively on trust administration. He is the founder of Milne Law Offices, and from the firm’s office in Medfield, Massachusetts, he represents clients in the greater Boston metropolitan area and throughout the Commonwealth. Admitted to practice in Massachusetts since 1987, Mr. Milne is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Mr. Milne serves as the trustee of more than 150 trusts with hundreds of millions of dollars in assets, and he also provides advice and counsel to fiduciaries of other trusts. These instruments have been established for the benefit of children and adults who have mental or physical disabilities or other types of special needs, and in many cases, they have been funded out of the proceeds of negotiated settlements before or during civil trials. Mr. Milne works with independent third parties that furnish advice and counsel regarding tax planning, strategies for investing the corpus of the trusts, special education, and Medicare and other government benefits planning.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Milne attended Bryant College in Smithfield, Rhode Island, where he majored in economics and received a Bachelor of Science in 1982. He then pursued his legal education at Suffolk University Law School in Boston, and in 1987, he was awarded his Juris Doctor. A past president of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Mr. Milne remains active in that organization and several others, including the American Association for Justice, the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, and the Bar Association of Norfolk County.
Practice areasEstate Planning & Probate
Estate Planning, Trusts
- 100% Estate Planning & Probate
First Admitted: 1987, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://www.childtrust.com/
- Bryant College
- Courageous Advocacy Award, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, 2009
- Massachusetts Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers’ coveted “Edward M. Ginsburg Service Award”
- Chair and Founder, Trust Administration Practice Group, Massachusetts Bar Association, 2023
- Chair and Founder, Trust Administration Practice Group, Massachusetts Bar Association, 2022
- Member, Massachusetts Chapter, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 2023
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member, 2023
- Norfolk Bar Association, Member, 2023
- MATA Board of Governors, Executive Committee Member, 2005
- MATA Board of Governors, Member, 2003
- American Association of Justice, Member
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Past President
Office location for Chris A. Milne
15 Brook Street
Medfield, MA 02052
- Super Lawyers: 2004, 2006 - 2020, 2023