Simon B. Mann
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Needham, MA
The founder of and managing partner at Mann Law Firm P.C., Simon B. Mann has developed an excellent reputation as an injury and civil rights lawyer. Located in Needham, Massachusetts, a large portion of his practice is devoted to personal injury and wrongful death litigation, in which he provides assistance to clients throughout the Greater Boston metropolitan area who have suffered economic and noneconomic losses due to the negligence or recklessness of other persons or entities. Mr. Mann also has experience in labor and employment law, representing both employers and employees in matters involving workplace discrimination, noncompete agreements, severance packages, and management counseling.
In his business law practice, Mr. Mann provides advice and counsel to company owners and management on matters such as intellectual property, joint ventures, franchising, regulatory compliance, stock options, and federal tax issues. He also assists clients with regard to mergers and acquisitions, contract negotiations, reorganizations and corporate governance, and he handles breach of contract actions and other civil lawsuits.
Mr. Mann has extensive criminal defense experience, and he also helps people who are seeking debt relief under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13. The firm's estate planning background includes the preparation and review of wills, trusts, and financial and health care powers of attorney.
Majoring in English, Mr. Mann attended Skidmore College and received a Bachelor of Arts in 2000. He was awarded his Juris Doctor by Suffolk University Law School in 2005. Mr. Mann is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and the Local Trial Courts, and Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Business Litigation
- 20%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10%Bankruptcy: Consumer
- 10%Criminal Defense
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Defense, Non-Compete Agreements, Employment Law - Employee, Unions, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Failure to Pay Child Support, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Prosecution, Sex Offenses, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- Rising Stars: 2018
About Simon B. Mann
First Admitted: 2006
Professional Webpage: http://www.simonmannlaw.com/attorneys.html
- Massachusetts Superior and District Courts
- Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- U.S. Federal District Court
- Skidmore College, B.A., Major: Business, 2000
- In April 2018 Mann Law settled for $65,000 a car accident case where client was hit by a drunk driver fracturing client’s neck. Mann Law Firm. wins $40,000.00 settlement in federal court for client who was terminated by national utility company shortly after she filed an ethics complaint for discriminatory failure to promote based on her race. Among her claims were violations of the Family & Medical Leave Act for failure to inform her of her right to intermittent FMLA Leave, retaliation in violation of the FMLA, and race discrimination and retaliation in violation of M.G.L. ch. 151B. Mann Law Firm successfully resolved sexual harassment suit prior to filing complaint against local pharmaceutical giant after client was pressured into performing sexual act on her boss in company conference room. In September 2017 Attorney Mann recovered $32,000 for client victim of car accident who suffered memory loss and blurred vision. In April 2017 Attorney Mann settled a Personal Injury claim for $45,000.00 for his client who was struck by a car outside of a crosswalk and suffered a deviated septum in her nose and minor scarring under her eye. In October 2016 Attorney Simon Mann settled a personal injury claim for his client who was struck by a SUV, shattering her elbow requiring permanent replacement with a metal rod, for $325,000. August 2016 settled a wage act claim where client had already signed a release with his employer, for $80,000.00, prior to filing the Complaint. In June 2016 Attorney Mann settled a claim with a large pharmaceutical company for $56,000 for violation of the Federal Medical Leave Act for wrongfully denying leave to an employee whose son was recently diagnosed with autism. Mann Law Firm settled pre-suit a Disability Discrimination and Retaliation case that was in violation of the Family and Medical Leave Act for his client who was wrongfully discharged from a prestigious local university for $75,000.00. Mann Law Firm obtained seven months of severance compensation, totaling $70,000, for his client who was terminated from a local hospital following a supposed corporate restructuring while she was on Family and Medical Leave Act. The client also had Age Discrimination claims, as she and another employee over the age of fifty years old were terminated while two other coworkers in their same position, who were both more than ten years younger, retained their positions. In March 2016 we settled a personal injury claim for our car accident client who was given a permanent impairment rating by his primary care physician for his back pain and condition. In February 2016 we settled a sex discrimination case against a Boston school whose female bisexual employee plucked the bra strap of our client and made sexually charged comments to her on a regular basis. In January 2016 Mann Law settled a case with a housing authority for religion and sex discrimination against our client. December 2015, settled sexual harassment and retaliation claims against a family services non-profit organization for $24,000.00 for a client who was subjected to sexually inappropriate comments and stares by her coworker on a daily basis after being moved into the same office as him. The employer responded by scrutinizing the client’s work and discouraging her from filing suit. In November 2015 we settled a case for our client, a homosexual man, against a manufacturing company that facilitated his harassment and discriminatory/retaliatory discharge, for $45,000.00. October 2015 we settled a gender discrimination and hostile work environment case for our client for $25,000.00 against a notable restaurant chain. September 2015 we settled a race and national origin discrimination case for our client for $23,000.00 in mediation at the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination after she had been improperly removed from the shift rotation by her employer, a health care facility, following a vacation to her home country, Brazil. August 2015 we settled our client's race and gender discrimination claim against her employer, a financial services company, for $80,000.00. In July 2014 Attorney Mann settled a sex discrimination case on behalf of a client and gay man that was called homophobic names by his employer, for $12,500.00. We settled a race discrimination case for $30,000.00 in June 2014. In January 2014 we settled a discrimination case at the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination for $45,000.00. We represented an individual who was employed at a local College and wrongfully terminated, and we settled the case for $35,000.00 prior to litigation. We settled a case for $23,000.00 with a national commercial real estate firm who wrongfully terminated Mr. Mann's client. In May 2013 we settled an age discrimination case against a Massachusetts construction material distributor for $45,000.00. In August 2013 we settled a shoulder injury case for $45,000.00 for a young woman who was in a car accident and had to have her bicep tendon operated on. Our client was sexually harassed in the workplace, verbally and physically, and we settled it in August 2013 during the course of litigation for $50,000.00. , 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award, 2015
Last Updated: 5/15/2022