Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Newton Center, MA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2005 - 2013
Charles F. Rodman is a founding partner of Rodman Employment Law. Mr. Rodman is a trial attorney who litigates civil cases in all state and federal courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the State of Florida. He has experience representing individuals, entities and insurers in a wide variety of disputes and is frequently engaged as lead counsel in cases relating to discrimination, harassment, and wage violations, severance negotiation, partnership disputes and other types of business divorces, civil rights and related violations, and other complex disputes.In addition to practicing in a wide variety of courts, Mr. Rodman has appeared before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Department of Industrial Accidents, planning boards, zoning boards and has also been engaged to litigate in other administrative forums.
Mr. Rodman began his career as a criminal prosecutor at the Office of the Miami-Dade County State Attorney – the fourth largest prosecutor’s office in the nation – where he successfully tried numerous cases while serving in the Domestic Violence and Juvenile Units. Following his stint as a prosecutor, Mr. Rodman was an associate at some of Boston’s most prominent litigation firms where he represented a wide variety of individuals and entities in business, real estate and insurance disputes. In 2003, Mr. Rodman formed his own boutique business litigation firm where he successfully represented individuals and businesses of all sizes in sophisticated litigation in Massachusetts, Florida and California. Mr. Rodman has also served as COO and General Counsel to a national consulting firm and has experience counseling employers on all facets of their employment practices.
Mr. Rodman has been named to Boston Magazine’s list of Massachusetts Super Lawyers – Rising Stars for the years 2005 through 2013, and he was named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. Mr. Rodman has been featured in Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and has been asked to speak publicly on a variety of novel legal issues. Additionally, Mr. Rodman was a coach and instructor at New England Law | Boston for the school’s national trial team for the years 2000 through 2004 and 2006.
Mr. Rodman earned his Juris Doctor from New England Law | Boston where he was a Regional Finalist in the National Trial Competition and recipient of the prestigious CALI Award For Excellence (formerly American Jurisprudence Award) for his achievement in the area of contract law. Mr. Rodman earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree in philosophy from Union College (Schenectady, N.Y.) where he was selected as a member of the exclusive Delphic Honor Society and was awarded the Union College Meritorious Service Award for his outstanding service to the college and its surrounding community.
Mr. Rodman is admitted to practice in all state courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, all state courts in Florida, the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit (Boston, Massachusetts). Additionally, Mr. Rodman has represented clients in litigation in the states of Connecticut, California, Georgia and New York. Mr. Rodman is currently a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Florida Bar Association.
Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employer, Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Discrimination
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2005 - 2013
About Chuck Rodman
First Admitted: 1998, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://rodmanemploymentlaw.com/employment-law-attorneys/cha...
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- All State Courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- The United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit (Boston, Massachusetts)
- The United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- All State Courts in Florida
- Boston Magazine, Rising Stars for the years 2005 through 2013
- Union College Meritorious Service Award
- Member of the exclusive Delphic Honor Society
- CALI Award For Excellence, National Trial Competition
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, Super Lawyers
- B.A., Philosophy – Union College (Schenectady, N.Y.)
- Radio Interview, 2016
- Life Sciences
- Calling a man "bald" is sexual harassment, according to a #UK tribunal. Would a #US #court decide the same way?… https://t.co/kY4M5HGP1g
- A jury awarded the former employee $450,000 after his employer ignored his request to not celebrate his birthday, e… https://t.co/1rvKadbLml
- Good luck to those running the marathon today! #bostonmarathon #patriotsday #boston #runners #emplaw #employmentlaw https://t.co/s7lx3MqLSh
- JUST IN: The Senate confirmed Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson's nomination to the Supreme Court, who will be sworn in a… https://t.co/zaklXJfrlf
- After the threat of organized walk outs by Disney employees, the CEO has apologized for refusing to condemn outrigh… https://t.co/awPZk2xA2D
Last Updated: 5/15/2022