Alan J. Schlesinger
Top rated Real Estate attorney in Newton, MassachusettsSchlesinger and Buchbinder, LLP
Practice Areas: Real Estate, Closely Held Business
Licensed in Massachusetts since: 1974
Education: Boston College Law School
Schlesinger and Buchbinder, LLP1200 Walnut Street
Newton, MA 02461 Visit website
A former officer in the United States Navy, Alan J. Schlesinger is now an attorney with Schlesinger and Buchbinder LLP. With a focus in the greater Boston, Massachusetts, area, excluding Boston proper, his legal practice is focused on matters of closely held business and real estate business. This includes the following: affordable housing, condominiums, nonprofit organizations, partnership and equity investing agreements, limited liability companies, small businesses and corporations, construction and design contracts, zoning, real estate financing and lending, and commercial real estate.
Mr. Schlesinger is admitted to practice in the state of Massachusetts, and before the United States Supreme Court and the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts. After earning his Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Princeton University in 1968, he attended Boston College Law School and graduated cum laude with his Juris Doctor. While in law school, he was a member of the Order of the Coif and involved with the Boston College Industrial and Commercial Law Review.
His clients include medium-sized and small business in a large list of industries. These include real estate owners and developers, commercial lenders, architectural and design firms, multiple residential lenders and not-for profit firms. In Newton, Mr. Schlesinger served as special zoning counsel for clients such as Hebrew College, the Jewish Community Centers, Northland Investment Corporation and AvalonBay Communities.
An active member of his community, Mr. Schlesinger is passionate about his volunteer work. He served as chair of the Director of Jewish Community Housing for the Elderly, vice president of the Jewish Community Centers of Greater Boston, president of the Jewish Community Day Care Corporations, and as a member of the Newton North High School Council, the Newton Central Little League and Newton School Foundation.
Practice areasReal Estate: Business, Closely Held Business
- 50% Real Estate: Business
- 50% Closely Held Business
First Admitted: 1974, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.sab-law.com/attorneysstaff/alan-j-schlesinger/
- Newton Community Development Foundation
- Newton North High School Council
- Newton Central Little League
- Newton Schools Foundation
- Jewish Community Day Care Corporation, President, 1991-1993
- Jewish Community Centers of Greater Boston, Vice President
- Director of Jewish Community Housing for the Elderly, Chair, 1993-1996
- Rockland Trust Company
- Rochester Management Co.
- The Barkan Companies
- Fairlane Properties Inc.
- Brophy & Phillips Co. Inc.
- Benchmark Senior Living
- Order of the Coif, Boston College Law School
- Boston College Industrial and Commercial Law Review
- Princeton University, A.B. Economics, 1968
- United States Supreme Court, 1979
- Massachusetts, 1974
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 1974
Office location for Alan J. Schlesinger
1200 Walnut Street
Newton, MA 02461
- Super Lawyers: 2005, 2008 - 2023