Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Newton, MA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2007, 2010 - 2013
Attorney Matthew J. Fogelman is a founding partner with Fogelman Law, which has law offices in Newton, Massachusetts, and New York, New York. Regarded as one of the top trial attorneys in his region, Mr. Fogelman provides invaluable counsel and support to clients throughout the Greater Boston and New York City metros and the surrounding areas of eastern Massachusetts who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Employment law, including wrongful termination, wage and hour disputes, sexual harassment, workplace discrimination, severance agreements, and other employment-related grievances
· Personal injury and wrongful death
· Class actions
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Fogelman has achieved considerable success advocating on behalf of employees who have experienced serious violations of their rights as workers, as well as individuals and families suffering needlessly as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing. Among his most notable successes, he secured a verdict of more than $1.2 million in an age discrimination case and a victory at the Supreme Judicial Court on behalf of an employee regarding the rightful use of medical marijuana off-site.
Recognized for his success in the ground-breaking cannabis case, Mr. Fogelman received designation as one of his area's Lawyers of the Year by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly for 2017. That same year, he also received an award from USA500 as having achieved the greatest "Professional Achievement" of any other attorney out of the organization's 650 members. Moreover, he has earned perennial designation top lawyer in his region along with numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
Mr. Fogelman graduated from Wesleyan University in 1997, where he served as editor-in-chief of The Wesleyan Argus. Upon deciding to pursue his legal career, he attended Boston College Law School and obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude in 2002. While there, he was a member of the Third World Law Journal, and he received recognition for his excellent academic achievements. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and the Southern District of New York, as well as the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Fogelman is an active member of the Massachusetts Employment Lawyers Association and the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, where he serves on the board of governors. He has also published many articles and conducted lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics.
- 50%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2007, 2010 - 2013
About Matthew Fogelman
First Admitted: 2002, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.fogelmanlawfirm.com/person/boston-employment-law...
- University of Alabama Law School's Journal of the Legal Profession concerning sleeping Criminal Defense Attorneys, www.fogelmanlawfirm.com/files/vol26art03.pdf
- Editor-in-Chief, Newspaper, The Wesleyan Argus, Wesleyan University
- Wesleyan University, B.A. in English, 1997
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2002
- Jury verdict in Newburyport against Lynn real estate company. , 2012
- $1.2 million verdict in an age discrimination case in Norfolk Superior Court. , 2017
- Personal injury verdict for woman hurt in rear-end collision, necessitating ulnar nerve surgery. , 2017
- Personal injury verdict for woman injured by foreign object in hamburger, 2016
- Named a "Lawyer of the Year" for 2017 for the Barbuto case (medical marijuana and disability discrimination case for an employee who was unlawfully terminated). , Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly -- Lawyers of the Year , 2018
- Named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star” by Boston Magazine for each of the last four years (2010-2013)
- Named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyer” by Boston Magazine for each of the last four years (2014-2017), Super Lawyers, 2014
- Employment verdict for $144,000 against University for failure to reasonable accommodate woman following maternity leave. , 2019
- Member, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys (MATA); Member, Board of Governors, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys (MATA). Member, COVID Task Force, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys (MATA); , 2020
- Member, Third World Law Journal in Boston College Law School
- Member, Massachusetts Employment Lawyers Association (MELA)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Member, Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce Lawyers' Committee
- New York
Last Updated: 5/15/2022