Marc D. Kornitsky
Top rated General Litigation attorney in Peabody, MassachusettsBarrett Kornitsky LLP
Practice Areas: General Litigation, Business Litigation, Estate & Trust Litigation; view more
Licensed in Massachusetts since: 1993
Education: Suffolk University Law School
Barrett Kornitsky LLPOne Essex Green Drive
Peabody, MA 01960 Visit website
Marc D. Kornitsky is a founding partner at Barrett Kornitsky LLP in Peabody, Massachusetts. He focuses his practice exclusively on criminal defense and personal injury matters. With over 28 years of legal experience, Mr. Kornitsky also takes on cases involving business and commercial law, real estate, and land use and zoning matters.
Mr. Kornitsky is a dedicated, professional and diligent attorney who fights zealously for the rights of his clients. He has a reputation for providing practical and suitable approaches to each client’s unique and complex legal matters. He has immense and extensive experience in litigation, negotiation and transactions.
Majoring in finance, Mr. Kornitsky has a Bachelor of Science degree from UMass Amherst. He obtained his Juris Doctor from the Suffolk University Law School, graduating cum laude. He is admitted to practice in the state of Massachusetts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Kornitsky is an active member in the legal field and has memberships in the Essex County Bar Association and the Peabody Bar Association. He is the chairman of the Swampscott Zoning Board of Appeals and a member of My Brother’s Table in Lynn, Massachusetts.
Prior to co-founding Barrett Kornitsky LLP, Mr. Kornitsky worked as an associate in two prominent law firms in Massachusetts, where he took on criminal defense and personal injury cases, and represented clients in state courts. He has immense experience providing counsel to startups and new business entities regarding noncompete issues, insurance coverage issues and so on.
Practice areasGeneral Litigation, Business Litigation, Estate & Trust Litigation, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Litigation, Non-Compete Agreements, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Will Contests
- 50% General Litigation
- 30% Business Litigation
- 10% Estate & Trust Litigation
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1993, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.barrettkornitsky.com/marc-kornitsky.html
- Simmons v. Zoning Board of Appeals of Newburyport, et al, 60 Mass.App.Ct. 5 (2003)
- Party name withheld v. Harrison Specialty Co., Inc., 2009
- Hollywood v. name withheld Mortgage Co., Middlesex Superior Court Docket No.: 2003-1197
- Chase, et al v. Trust for Public Land, John R. and Christine Kane Skibbee, City of Newburyport and Com. of Massachusetts
- Hurley, et al v. Golden, et al., Massachusetts Land Court Docket No.: 2006-317693
- Selected as a Massachusetts Super Lawyer™ by Boston Magazine in 2006, 2010 and 2011
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer-Rising Star™ in 2005
- Chairman, Swampscott Zoning Board of Appeals
- My Brother’s Table, Lynn, MA
- Massachusetts, 1993
- Peabody Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2002
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1999
- Umass-Amherst, B.S. - 1989 Major: Finance
Office location for Marc D. Kornitsky
One Essex Green Drive
Peabody, MA 01960
- Super Lawyers: 2006, 2010 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2005