Alan J. McDonald is the founder and managing partner for the law firm of McDonald Lamond Canzoneri LLC. The firm concentrates its practice on labor law, representing a wide variety of labor unions in the private and public sector. Mr. McDonald has been recognized by the labor management community for the quality of his practice through the Labor Guild's Cushing-Gavin Award and has perennially been cited as among The Best Lawyers in America and in Who's Who in American Law for over 20 years. He has extensive experience in labor negotiations, interest and grievance arbitration, labor litigation, and appellate practice.
First Admitted: 1973, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://www.masslaborlawyers.com/massachusetts-labor-law-atto...
- Labor unions in the public and private sectors
- Contributing author, Boston College Law School, Annual Survey of Massachusetts Law, Labor and Employment Section (1986, 1987); Contributing Author, A Judicial Guide To Labor And Employment Law, (Walsh Editor, 1990)
- Frequent panelist on Labor and Employment Law for American Bar Association; Massachusetts Bar Association; Boston Bar Association; American Arbitration Association; Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education; National Labor Relations Board, Region 1.
- Adjunct Professor, Labor Law Practice, 1980-1984, New England Law School
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section; Health Care Section); Massachusetts Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section); Boston Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section)
- Elected to The Fellows of the American Bar Foundation (2011)
- JD; Boston College Law School, 1973
- BA, LeMoyne College, 1968
- Award for excellence in the practice of labor-management relations' law., Cushing-Gavin Award, The Labor Guild of the Archdiocese of Boston, 2002
- Award for outstanding legal services in the representation of registered nurses in the filed of labor relations., Legal Services Award, Massachusetts Nurses Association
- Award for outstanding legal services in representation of public safety unions., Award of Excellence, Medford Police Patrolmen's Association, 2009
- Appreciation award for leadership in founding coalition of independent police unions., Founder's Award, Massachusetts Municipal Police Coalition, 2008
- Admitted to practice, United States Supreme Court, 2003
- Admitted to Practice, United States District Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 1975
- Admitted to Practice, United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 1974
- Public Safety
- Health Care
- Miscellaneous Other
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023