Kathleen M. O'Donnell
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Tewksbury, MassachusettsHarding Mazzotti, LLP
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation, Medical Malpractice
Licensed in Massachusetts since: 1981
Education: Suffolk University Law School
Harding Mazzotti, LLP170 Main St
UNits G1 and G2
Tewksbury, MA 01876 Phone: 978-221-5333 Email: Kathleen M. O'Donnell Visit website
Kathleen M. O’Donnell is a nationally recognized and respected legal resource in the practice of personal injury.
Ms. O’Donnell graduated from Suffolk University Law School in 1980 and has since received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from Wheaton College.
Kathleen O’Donnell has held leadership positions with several organizations and is consistently recognized as an exceptional legal resource by a multitude of publications. Her memberships and honors include:
- Past president of the Massachusetts Bar Association, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys and the Greater Lowell Bar Association.
- First female member of the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer selection, 2004-2017.
- Listed in the National Law Journal in 2000 as one of the twelve most influential lawyers in Massachusetts.
- Listed in Massachusetts Lawyer’s Weekly in 1995 as one of the top ten lawyers in the state.
Ms. O’Donnell remains extremely active in her community by dedicating her time and expertise to several organizations. She is consistently listed in multiple “Who’s Who” publications each year. Ms. O’Donnell remains firmly committed to working for people, not for corporations.
First Admitted: 1981, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://www.kmodlaw.com/kathleen-odonnell.html
- Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee - presentation on automobile insurance, May and August, 1997
- National Conference of State Legislators - presentation on automobile insurance, April, 1998
- Institute for International Research - Auto Managed Care Forum, June, 1998 and July, 2000
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Center for Consumer Affairs: Auto Accident Compensation Project Auto Choice Policy Debate: October, 1998, New Orleans, Louisiana. Other Participants: Peter Kinzler and Danel Miller
- Perspectives on Federal Auto Choice Reform Legislation: January 1999, Washington, D.C. Other participants: Peter Kinzler, Senator Mitch McConnell, Senator Joseph Libermann, U.S. Representative Dick Armey, U.S. Representative Jim Moran, Andrew Tobias, Michael Horowitz, Frank Clemente, J. Robert Hunter, Stephen Carroll, Michael Miller, Daniel Miller, Professor George Priest, and Professor Jerry O'Connell
- Auto Insurance Reform Debate: November, 1999, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Iowa Trial Lawyers: November, 1997, Presentation at Annual Convention
- National Association of Trial Lawyer Executives: Presentation at Annual Legislative Conference in 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 and 1998
- Roscoe Pound Foundation - presentation on juror bias in low-impact collisions, January, 2000
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America; National College of Advocates; Presentation: Different approaches in trying low impact collisions resulting in connective tissue injuries February 17, 2000
- Auto Insurance Report, National Conference 2000: Presented the Lawyers' perspective on auto insurance to two hundred and fifty insurance executives; Newport Beach, California; April, 2000.
- Vermont Trial Lawyers: Presentation on Juror Bias; July 2001
- National Conference of Insurance Legislators - Presentation on Rising Auto Insurance Costs, San Francisco, California, November 2002
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Massachusetts Bar Association, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys: frequent lecturer on trial skills, insurance issues and recent developments in the law
- Greater Lowell Pastoral Counseling Services Board member from 1989 to 1994
- Member of the Judicial Conduct Commission. Vice chair 2021-2020.
- Lowell Catholic High School Board of Directors from 1997 to 1999
- Greater Lowell Rape Crisis Services Board Member from 1990 to 1994
- Chair, Sohier Park Committee member (York, ME), 1992 to 1993
- Member, Sohier Park Committee (York, ME) from 1989 to 1993
- Massachusetts Community Legal Education Board of Directors 1998-2005
- Resolution of injury aspect of case when a defective propane gas stove caused a sailboat to be destroyed completely.
- Construction site fall--settled for $2 million, 2020
- Pedestrian hit in crosswalk-$5.5 million settlement pre suit., 2022
- Recovered for an individual struck by lightning while working on the top of a steel building during a thunderstorm.
- Recovered for an individual when a doctor failed to see a growth on a routine x-ray of the client's knee.
- Settlement of a closed-head injury/traumatic brain injury case for $900,000.00 when there was no evidence of head trauma.
- Recovered in excess of $900,000 for a crane worker injured when the jib of a crane, operated by a co-worker, pinned him to the boom of the crane.
- Successfully brought a claim against a ski area when a teenager fell from a ski lift.
- Verdict in excess of insurance policy limits of $100,000.00 when no offer had been made in a rear-end collision resulting in a TMJ injury.
- Recovered for an injured railroad worker when equipment he was operating was rear ended by a piece of equipment operated by a co-worker
- Recovered in excess of one million dollars for worker who was injured when he drove a lift into an open pit on a construction case.
- Recovered in excess of $750,000 for an electrician when he toughed a live wire on a construction site.
- Recovered for the wrongful death of the mother of five children who did not receive proper medical treatment while a prisoner at MCI-Framingham.
- Past President, Greater Lowell Bar Association
- United Sates District Court, Massachusetts, 1982
- Past President, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Massachusetts, 1981
- Chair, State Affairs Committee for the American Association of Trial Attorneys 1997-2000
- Past President, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education. 1998-2005
- United Sates Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 1982
- Wheaton College, B.A., 1977
- Wheaton College, Doctor of Laws Honorary Degree, 2007
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys-Distinguished Service Award, 1994
- Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers recognized and keynote speaker at 2006 annual dinner.
- Greater Lowell Bar Association: Lawyer of the Year Award, 1992.
- Named one of the top ten lawyers of the year, 1995
- Supreme Judicial Court Appointment to Committee on Lawyer Advertising, 1997 to 1999
- Who's Who of American Women, 2006 and 2007
- Essex County Bar Association--Honored as one of the leading women lawyers in Massachusetts
- Boston Magazine Super Lawyer, 2004-2016.
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys: Distinguished Service Award, 1994.
- Named one of the twenty-five most influential lawyers in Massachusetts between 1972 and 1997.
- Who's Who in America, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Who's Who in the East 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers recopgnized and keynote speaker at the 2006 annual dinner
- National Law Journal: named one of the twelve most influential lawyers in Massachusetts, 2000.
- American Trial Lawyers Association Service Award: 1996 and 1997.
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 1995
- Who's Who in American Law, 2005-2006, 2007-2008
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2023