Leo J. Cushing
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Waltham, MassachusettsCushing & Dolan, P.C.
Small business owners, entrepreneurs, parents and individuals work hard for their money. Leo J. Cushing makes it a point to empower people to preserve their assets, whether it is through tax planning, tax disputes, estate planning, real estate or employment law issues. As founding partner of Cushing & Dolan, P.C., he also handles elder law and probate issues on behalf of people throughout the Boston, Massachusetts, area.
Many people would describe Mr. Cushing as a little “rough around the edges,” but in a way that clients know they are in the hands of someone who will stop at nothing to help them. Though he caters to blue collar workers and companies, he has experience representing people from all walks of life.
Mr. Cushing is a certified public accountant and worked as a tax professional. He also served as an assistant attorney general responsible for criminal tax matters. This provides a solid background for the work he does today as he navigates through sophisticated issues that range from innovative techniques in estate planning to resolving controversial tax disputes.
In 1975, Mr. Cushing earned a Bachelor of Science in accounting from the University of Notre Dame. He then received a Juris Doctor and graduated cum laude from New England Law | Boston in 1980. Additionally, he holds a Master of Laws in taxation from Boston University.
Having lectured and written extensively on the topics of estate planning and taxes, Mr. Cushing is also active with a number of legal organizations. He is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, the American Academy of Attorney-CPAs, the Boston Estate Planning Council, the Boston Bar Association and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Business/corporate, Closely held business, Elder law, Real estate: consumer, Tax: consumer
Estate planning, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Business organizations, Mortgage & refinance, Tax law
- 50% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Business/corporate
- 10% Closely held business
- 10% Elder law
- 10% Real estate: consumer
- 10% Tax: consumer
First Admitted: 1980, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.cushingdolan.com/Attorney-Profiles/Leo-J-Cushing...
- Certified Public Accountant
- The Foundation For Continuing Education, Speaker
- Boston University School of Law's Graduate Tax Program, Lecturer in Law
- Montachusett Estate and Retirement Planning Council, Speaker
- Avidia Bank and The Community Foundation of North Central Massachusetts, Speaker
- The Boston Estate Planning Council, Speaker
- The National Business Institute, Speaker
- The American Institute of CPAs, Speaker
- The Massachusetts Society of CPAs, Speaker
- The Massachusetts Association of Accountants, Speaker
- The Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts, Speaker
- The Massachusetts Bar Association, Speaker
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2005 - 2016
- Boston Estate Planning Council, Former Director, Member
- The Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts, Board of Directors
- The Estate Planning, Trusts & Estate Administration Committee for The Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts, Co-Chair
- The Boston Probate and Estate Planning Forum, Member
- The National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Boston Bar Association, Member
- Boston Estate Tax Council, Member
- American Association of Attorneys and CPA's, Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Notre Dame Law School Advisory Council, Member, 2010
- U.S. Tax Court, 1984
- U.S. District Court, 1981
- Admitted to the Massachusetts Bar, 1980
- Admitted to the New Hampshire Bar, 2008
- University of Notre Dame, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, 1975
- Boston University School of Law, L.L.M, Major: Taxation, 1985
Office location for Leo J. Cushing
375 Totten Pond Road
Waltham, MA 02451
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2022