Todd E. Lutsky
Top Rated Elder Law Attorney in Waltham, MA
- Free Consultation
An attorney at Cushing & Dolan, P.C., Todd E. Lutsky handles legal issues of trusts and estate planning in the Greater Boston area. This includes representation for the following legal matters:
1) Elder Law Planning including, irrevocable Medicaid trusts and the application process for Medicaid eligibility, representing clients at fair hearings, and all aspects of estate law planning.
2) Estate and Gift Tax Planning including, but not limited to, the use of revocable trusts, joint revocable trusts, personal residence trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, spousal lifetime access trusts, New Hampshire domestic asset protection trusts, and all aspects of estate planning.
3) Business Succession Planning including, use of limited liability companies, family limited partnerships, deferred compensations, buy sell agreements, and sale of assets to defective irrevocable trusts. A former tax attorney for Price Waterhouse LLP, Mr. Lutsky is now a member of the National Aging In Place Council, the Boston Estate Planning Council, and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. Admitted to practice in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania, he has almost three decades of experience, is a current lecturer for Boston University School of Law’s Graduate Tax Program and has published in the Estate Planning Journal.
Mr. Lutsky began co-hosting a radio talk show called “Money Matters” in 1998 and answered questions on estate and gift tax planning, elder law, and asset protection planning matters. He then moved on to host his own radio show “The Legal Exchange with Todd Lutsky” where he uses real cases from around the country and real life stories to educate the public one story at a time on important legal matters. His show focuses on estate, gift, and income tax planning matters, elder law planning including, Medicaid eligibility and asset protection planning matters. Finally, he most recently began appearing on the Financial Exchange Radio Show in a segment called “Ask Todd” where he takes live caller questions on anything estate, gift, income tax, or elder law planning related. For a complete listing of stations, times, and podcasts, go to legalexchangeshow.com.
In 1991, Mr. Lutsky earned a Juris Doctor from the University of Toledo College of Law. He then attended Boston University School of Law where he obtained a master’s degree in taxation
Mr. Lutsky is regularly asked to speak for the National Business Institute, the Massachusetts Association of Accountants, the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Elder Law Institute, the Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, the Foundation for Continuing Education, and the Boston Tax Institute. He also writes extensively on estate and elder law planning topics and prepares written materials for all speaking engagements.
- 40%Elder Law
- 40%Estate Planning & Probate
Estate Planning, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills, Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Business Organizations
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
About Todd E. Lutsky
First Admitted: 1992, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.cushingdolan.com/Attorney-Profiles/Todd-E-Lutsky...
- Connecticut, 2021
- Boston Chapter, Boston Estate Planning Council
- Boston Chapter, National Aging In Place Council, Member
- Boston Estate Planning Council, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Pennsylvania, 1992
- Massachusetts, 1993
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, LL.M., Major: Taxation, 1993
- Use of Trusts to Combine Both Estate and Asset Protection Planning at the Same Time, Advanced Legal Studies, Suffolk Law School
- Current Estate Planning Techniques, Boston Tax Institute
- Lecturer in Law, Boston University Law School Graduate Tax Program, The Elder Law Text Book
- Speaker, Tax Issues Associated With Divorce, Foundation for Continuing Education
- Fundamentals of Elder Law and Special Needs Law, Advanced Legal Studies, Suffolk Law School
- Irrevocable Trusts Not As Frightening As You Might Think, PanAm Clipper Magazine, July/August, 2002
- Speaker, "Medicaid Planning Update, A Survival Guide", Foundation for Continuing Education
- Speaker, "Income Tax Refresher", Foundation for Continuing Education
- Speaker, "Annual Elder Law Institute", Suffolk University Law School
- Speaker, "Fiduciary Income Tax Returns for Estates and Trusts", Foundation for Continuing Education and Massachusetts Association of Accountants
- Speaker, "Basic Estate Planning Essentials with a Form 706 Example", Foundation for Continuing Education
- Speaker, "Preparing Federal and Massachusetts Estate Tax Returns", Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Speaker, "Estate Planning for the Moderate Estate", Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Massachusetts Association of Accountants, and MCEA
- Speaker, "Medicaid Update", Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Drafting the Perfect Irrevocable Income Only Trust, Estate Planning Magazine
- Contributing Co-Author, Estate Planning for the Moderate Estate, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Frequent Contributing Author, Basic Estate Planning Essentials with a 706 Example, Foundation for Continuing Education
- Frequent Contributing Author, Medicaid Planning Update, A Survival Guide, Foundation for Continuing Education
- Frequent Contributing Author, Medicaid Update, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Five Star Wealth Manager, 2015 and 2016
- Super Lawyers 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, SuperLawyers.com
Last Updated: 5/15/2022