Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Wellesley, MA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2013
Attorney Jennifer R. Clapp is the founder of Clapp Family Law, LLC in Wellesley, Massachusetts. Since 2003 Jennifer has devoted her practice exclusively to family law. She routinely represents clients in Middlesex, Norfolk, Suffolk and Worcester Counties.
Jennifer has more than 15 years of experience handling matters including contested paternity actions; divorce and post-divorce litigation; modification of alimony and child support; drafting of premarital and postnuptial agreements; and representation of clients in uncontested divorces resolved through mediation. In addition to her litigation practice, Jennifer serves as a mediator, parent coordinator, and an attorney for children through the Attorneys Representing Children program.
Jennifer is Past President of the Massachusetts Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, an international interdisciplinary organization that is dedicated to improving the lives of children and families through the resolution of family conflict. She is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Massachusetts Family & Probate American Inn of Court. In recognition of her accomplishments, “The Best Lawyers in America” has included her in the publication since 2013 and Super Lawyers has named her as a Rising Star (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013) and a Super Lawyer (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021).
Ms. Clapp grew up in Ohio. She received her bachelor’s degree in communications and sociology from Hiram College in Hiram, Ohio. She earned her law degree from American University Washington College of Law in Washington, D.C., and became a licensed attorney in Massachusetts in 2003. Following law school, she served as a law clerk for the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court in Norfolk, Middlesex, Worcester, Plymouth and Essex counties and practiced at the Wellesley firm Grindle Robinson LLP for 13 years before founding Clapp Family Law.
About Jennifer Clapp
First Admitted: 2003, Massachusetts
- Lecturer, Evidentiary Issues Related to Privilege and Other Protections Against Disclosure, Massachusetts Bar Association, May 2018
- Adjunct Professor, Boston College, 2014 - 2017
- Lecturer, Asset Planning for Divorce Clients, Massachusetts Bar Association, November 2010
- Lecturer, Parental Alienation: Strategies for Identification, Client Management and Remedying, Massachusetts Bar Association, November 2011
- Lecturer, Contempt Issues in the Probate and Family Court, Massachusetts Bar Association, February 2012
- Lecturer, Perception, Memory, Credibility and the Truth, Boston Bar Association, October 2012
- Lecturer, Child Support Guidelines Review, Massachusetts Bar Association, November 2012
- Lecturer, Three-part series on the Effect of the Heroine Epidemic, Association of Family and Conciliator Courts, April, May, and June 2016
- Lecturer, A 360 Degree Look at GAL Investigations/Evaluations, Association of Family and Conciliator Courts, May 2017
- Lecturer, Child Support Guidelines Review, Massachusetts Bar Association, July 2017
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013 - 2018
- Volunteer Recognition Award, Massachusetts Bar Association, 2016
- Super Lawyer Rising Star, Boston Magazine, 2010 - 2013
- Super Lawyer, Boston Magazine, 2014 - 2018
- Massachusetts, December 2003
- Massachusetts Bar Association Family Law Section Council; Association of Family and Conciliator Courts; Massachusetts Association of Guardian ad Litems; Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation.
- Member, American Inns of Court, Massachusetts Chapter
- Bachelor of Arts, Hiram College, 2000. Juris Doctorate, American University Washington College of Law, 2003.
- Trained Family Law Mediator.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022